Friday, August 13, 2010

THIS.

Good stuff over at The Story Siren's LGBT Lit Days.

This, from a guest post by John from Dreaming in Books:


"Every day I walk through the school hallways, I think at least once that I don’t belong. I contemplate pretending to be straight. Running away. Ending my life. Questioning every little part of me one more time in the hopes that maybe – maybe – I’m not really gay.

I know that it won’t change anything, but living in the hetero-centric world that we do, it’s not like I can help it.

...

A coming out story. Depression. Angst. Anxiety. A protagonist that starts out hating him/herself. That has other people hating him/her. Tough times, a rough patch with the parental units and friends. It’s what coming out entails. And I get that. But I’m sick of having that be the only thing I read in YA."

(Read the rest.)

Like I said: good stuff.

2 comments:

the story siren said...

thanks so much for posting about this Steph!

BookChic said...

I loved John's post! I still need to comment on it though. Thanks for spreading the word on LGBT Lit Days!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph