Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Win all of Erin Downing's books

I feel like I'm turning into contest central here, but alas, that's about how it goes when you're in the Finals Arena. -.-

You all saw Erin Downing's Pub Story yesterday. Now, it's time to sample the outcome of said story. Three lucky winners each get all three of her Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies books.

Dancing Queen
It's official. Olivia is a superfreak. Sure, she may have landed the hottest internship at an ├╝bercool TV music station. And yes, she's chilling with A-listers in London all summer. But when she meets her very first pop star, she gets caught in a revolving glass door and falls smack down on her bum -- all in one quick motion.

Luckily, Rocker Boy thinks Liv's quirks are adorable. He takes her clubbing at the hippest spots! Liv may be clumsy on solid ground, but on the dance floor she sparkles. The summer's just begun and she's already captured the spotlight -- and a celeb's heart, too. Now if only she was sure he's the right guy...

Prom Crashers
It was love at first sight for Emily and Ethan. But then Em lost his number and, with it, all the hope of finding a real boyfriend before the end of senior year. All she knows about Ethan is his first name, that he has a supercute smile, and that he's going to a prom this month. Which high school? That's anyone's guess....

Em enlists the help of her three best friends, who quickly score formal wear and hail a limo. Together, Emily, Max and Sid vow to find Ethan, to find a cure for senioritis, and most important, to find true love -- one hilarious prom night at a time.

Drive Me Crazy
Kate's tote is packed and she's ready for a road trip! She and her two best friends, Sierra and Alexis, are geared up for a week of fun and freedom on the road to their family lake houses in Love, Wisconsin. Best of all, when Kate reaches Love, she'll be reunited with Lucas, with whom she shared a steamy end-of-summer kiss last year. Kate can't wait to see Lucas again and pick things up exactly where they left off.

Then Kate gets some seriously bad news: Alexis's sarcastic, condescending, hot-but-he-knows-it cousin is crashing the girls' road trip. Adam bugs Kate in every possible way. Now Kate just wants to get the road trip over with so she can spend the summer in Lucas's arms. But the road to Love is full of surprises...

Who wants? Here's what you gotta do to win:

What's your favorite romantic comedy book is (by any author)? What's a teeny little explanation of why you like it?

Answer this in the comments section and your name will be added to the draw.

+1 each time you link to this contest anywhere
+1 if you link to Erin's Pub Story

Leave as many comments as you have entries, telling me what you did in each. (Answering the question + 1 extra = 2 comments; so on.) USA only.

You have a week, until June 10th.
Go go go!

Contest over. Winner to be announced.

42 comments:

Summer said...

Prom Crashers seems especially amusing. My favorite Romantic Comedy book? I liked Be More Chill. Does that count? There's comedy. There's romance. It's really funny. That's why I liked it!

Meredith said...

I really liked Cupidity by Caroline Goode. It was hilarious and involved Greek Mythology, which I love. The spin the author put on it, was just fantastic!

~Meredith
rosesaremyfavorite at hotmail dot com

bridget3420 said...

I love the Confessions of a Shopaholic books. I could really relate to Rebecca Bloomwood.

bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

bridget3420 said...

Linked to my sidebar

http://bridget3420.blogspot.com

bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

Amy said...

Fave romantic comedy? So hard! I'd have to say Jumping to Confusions and Swim the FLY *They my faves for different reasons. Oh and Triple shot betty and.....
JTC is about a girl who has to befriend her dad's business partners son from America, and she continually jumps to conclusions. She assumes he's gay, because he doesn't go for her sister, and hilarious situations ensue...
Swim the fly-can't even describe. It's got potty humor, raunchy jokes, but it's utterly hilarious! It's clever and funny and heartwarming tale about friendship and love.
Can't wait to see others suggestions!
addictedtobooks1993@yahoo.com

bridget3420 said...

Posted on my Myspace blog

http://www.myspace.com/bridgetlaprairie

bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

TruBlu93 said...

My favorite would be Royally Jacked by Niki Burnham. It was the beginning of my RoComness. And it was a lovely book.

bridget3420 said...

Linked to Pub Story

http://www.myspace.com/bridgetlaprairie - blog section

bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

bridget3420 said...

tweet

http://twitter.com/bridget3420/status/2023086412

bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

bridget3420 said...

Pub story tweet

http://twitter.com/bridget3420/status/2023094092

bjhopper(at)me(dot)com

Lilibeth Ramos said...

Lol Go go go! Nice touch!
My favorite romantic comedy would be Something, Maybe by Elizabeth Scott because I can realte to the dad issues...
lilibethramosATliveDOTcom

Lilibeth Ramos said...

Will be linking this contest to contest side bar on my blog: lilibethramos.blogspot.com
lilibethramosATliveDOTcom

MssJos said...

Please enter me, my favorite RomCom is The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols. I love Jenn's writing and voice and I am familiar with the lake at which the story takes place! :)

This contest is linked to my sidebar at www.royalreads.com

Thanks,
mssjos(at)gmail(dot)com

Amee said...

Wow, tough question. I'd probably say Bridget Jones's Diary. She's hilarious whether in book or movie format!

Kitten22 said...

This looks great! Please enter me!

I really like MaryJanice Davidson's Fred the Mermaid books. They're so light and funny and just the perfect mix of great characters!

BookCrossingKitten22[at]gmail[dot]com

Kitten22 said...

I tweeted about this!

http://twitter.com/BookingKitten22

BookCrossingKitten22[at]gmail[dot]com

Katie said...

Hmm..The ABC's of Kissing Boys by Tina Ferraro because I really liked Parker's character and Ferraro's writing style.
bball11kt@sbcglobal.net

Book Spot said...

I was having a hard time thinking of books I read that were romcoms but I'm going to have to say Maryjanice Davidson's Sleeping with the Fishes. Fred's such a unique character and she's hilarious....and I love her friends and the little quirks that are thrown in with them. Plus, it's a mermaid book, how cool is that?

donnas said...

I love the Calamity Jayne series by Kathleen Bacus. Its a great and amusing series. I love the character of her grandma too. They are all unique and it something could go wrong to completely embarrass her, especially in front of Rick then it will.

bacchus76 at myself dot com

Emily said...

Probably 30 guys in 30 days
my first RoCom!

thatonegirlemm@aol.com

tetewa said...

I enjoy the Stephanie Plum series because I like the triangle of her and Joe and Ranger! I also think Lulu is a hoot.

Emily said...

I really liked Fame, Glory and Other Things on My To-Do List by Janette Rallison. As a former middle-school teacher, I could definitely see a connection between the main character and my students.

Rhonda Stapleton said...

I can't pick just one ro com! But one of the ones on the top of my list would be Audrey, Wait! That one made me giggle from start to finish...haha. It was hilarious.

Emily said...

I tweeted about Erin's Pub story
http://twitter.com/eellsworth

Emily said...

And then about the contest
http://twitter.com/eellsworth

namelocee at gmail.com

Simply_Megan said...

I really like The ABC's of Kissing Boys. It was so cute, and original too!

Link to Contest: http://wwwsimplymegan.blogspot.com/2009/05/june-contests.html

swimmer1430@aim.com

soundistheword3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soundistheword3 said...

My favorite romantic comedy... oh, boy. My favorite Simon Pulse one is Aimee Friedman's A Novel Idea, but overall I'd have to say Rachel Hawthorne's Thrill Ride. I loved the setting since when I was younger I used to dream of working at an amusement park (since then I've realized it's not all the fun it looks to be) and I absolutely love Parker

Kristin at dazdnconfusd@comcast.net

♔ jessica.marie said...

Hmmmmm my favorite romantic comedy would have to be This Lullabye by Sarah Dessen ... her writting makes me fall in love with every boy in her books ;)

lovejessicamarie [@] gmail [.] com

♔ jessica.marie said...

I posted this in my sidebar:
bookslovejessicamarie.blogspot.com

lovejessicamarie [@] gmail [.] com

Dree said...

I like Knock Me Off My Feet because it has mystery, love, and it is funny.

Erica said...

Mine would probably be Major Crush. It's just so cute! I've read it a few times, and I just love it.


:) Erica
thebookcellar@wi.rr.com

Ladytink_534 said...

I have a lot of fav romantic comedy books but my absolute favorite is Jennifer Crusie and Bob Mayer's Agnes and the Hitman. It's completely hilarious! Think southern with mob men, a mystery, darn good cooking, a romance, plus "Cranky Agnes" swings a mean frying pan...

Ladytink_534(at)yahoo(dot)com

Cindy said...

Awesome contest, my favorite comedy is Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. I liked the relationship between the main girl and guy! so sweet!
enter me please!

cnhand84 at yahoo dot com

Kathryn said...

My favorite RomCom is Cathie Linz's "Good Girls Do" because the heroine was a librarian (my chosen profession!) and it was really witty. I've also enjoyed her "Big Girls Don't Cry"

Ann-Kat said...

Hmmm, the one that comes to mind is Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella. It made me feel as though there were still some hope of romance in this day and age. :D

Julie said...

I adore Bridget Jones Diary...what is there not to like! It has to be one of the rare instance where I enjoyed the book and movie almost equally!

Cheers,
julie.sherritt[at]gmail.com

amanda said...

I like He's just not that into you..it's so true and helpful!
amanda
catss99@yahoo.com

Wrighty said...

There are so many great stories! My favorite for summer reads are the Stephanie Plum books and there is a new one every summer. I laugh out loud at everything that happens to her and everyone connected to her. She always has men beating down her door too! Thanks for your contest!

5wrights1[at]verizon[dot]net

Wrighty said...

I've added this to my sidebar.
http://www.wrightysreads.blogspot.com

5wrights1[at]verizon[dot]net

Wrighty said...

I don't know if it counts but I did comment on Erin's Pub Story. She has a great background and has done so many interesting things!

5wrights1[at]verizon[dot]net

Ashley said...

My favorite romantic comedy is "Fame, Glory, and Other Things on My To Do List" by Janette Rallison. Emphasis here is on the comedy. The last scene where they try to perform a PC version of "Westside Story"? Classic. The romance end is about learning to trust again when a promise has been broken, and the rest is just laugh-out-loud hilarious.
ashleyfbair@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph