Sunday, June 7, 2009

Late-night gems

We won't even talk about how many hours I'm at for the 48-hour book challenge because it's so pitiful, I'm going to cry myself to sleep. Actually, I'll cry myself to sleep tomorrow. Today I get to read myself to sleep.

In an attempt to keep things positive, here are some gems you only get--at a discount with bulk orders--at the X Headquarters:

My reading time and productivity was severely impaired with irregular babysitting hours with my 4-month-old niece, who is prone to wailing like her life depends on it. It also doesn't help that she has some sort of ear infection or ache or something, and is coming down with a cold. (It's nearing winter here in the southern hemisphere.) So anyway, I would constantly have to set my book down and dance to Lil Jon's "Get Low" for her to shut up. And you thought Emma from Friends and her "Baby Got Back" fetish was bad.

The second hilarity comes in the form of my mother having this habit of coming into my room every night before she retires to her own chambers (it's a small master bedroom, but I like calling it 'chambers'. hee!) and doing the cross in Greek. It's this thing that came with her Greek Orthodox upbringing. She came to do that today but since my lower bed was pulled out for my nephew to sleep in, she couldn't get to my head and torso so she did it to my closest body part, which just happened to be my butt.

Why yes, my mom blessed my butt to sleep.

Night, y'all.

6 comments:

Alea said...

Hehe. Your mom was cute and that is HILARIOUS!

Steph Su said...

I think those interruptive stories are definitely worth the breaking of the 48hbc. :]

Donna said...

Hey, whatever works.

Steph said...

Ah, such a Donna thing to say. :P

Lisa Schroeder said...

That blessing your mom does to you each night belongs in a book! So sweet!

Miss Cindy said...

hehe, funny :)

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph