Saturday, June 6, 2009

48HBC Update #2

More info on the 48 hour book challenge.

Okay, I have...20 hours and 19 minutes to go until I hit my 48 hour deadline, and I have finished 11 hours and 30-something minutes. Do we have to post exact timetables of the reading we've done? Cos I haven't a clue. I'm only counting the hours, to be honest.

Books I've read:
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (review)
The Formal by Kate Harmon (review)

Books I've Started:
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (page 170)

Books I'm Hoping to Finish in the next 9.5 hours:
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan

Official tally:
Books read: 2.5
Hours read: 11 hours and 30 minutes
Things to take into account: A screaming niece who needs rocking from someone who's not the best multitasker ever while reading.

7 comments:

Donna said...

I commend you for this. I would have passed out with my face in the crease hours ago.

Abby said...

Wooo! You're doing great so far! Keep going!

Miss Cindy said...

Wow, you're doing so awesome :)

Jen Robinson said...

The niece thing sounds like it adds a bit of an extra challenge to the whole thing. Good luck. Great titles on your list, though, Steph.

Steph said...

Oh Jen, it is. I just stopped a 1h30min stretch because my mom handed her to me to get the bottle ready. >.< She won't stop crying unless I dance to Get Low by Lil Jon. It's quite...wow.

Taren said...

If there is any decency in you at all you will make a video of yourself dancing to Get Low. I need to see this!

the wanderer said...

You are awesome. Hope you make it through all of those books. I've read The Forest of Hands and Teeth and Catching Fire and I'm hoping to get through The Girl in the Arena

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph