Saturday, June 6, 2009

48HBC Update #1

Books I've finished:

1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (4 hours)

Books I've started:

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (1.5 hours-so far!)
+1 hour since posting this! So far.
+1.5 more hours since last update.

Total so far: 8 hours. 1.5 to go until I hit the 24hr mark!


Books on my pile:

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
Liar by Justine Larbalestier
Ash by Malinda Lo
Soul Enchilada by David Macinnis Gill
The Formal by Kate Harmon

Totally gave up hope of finishing all of 'em due to the fact I crashed last night at 10:30 and woke up at 8 today, after only having read 5 hours. 5 hours until I pass the 24 hour mark. But I still have plans of making it to the 20+ hour group!

11 comments:

Liyana said...

You can do it! :D

Erica said...

I crashed too after about 40 min lolz, so I'm starting reading again as soon as I get home from training.

Iryna said...

You're doing great! It usually takes me a good day or two to finish a book and that's only if it's really well written. I hope to see your review of Cathing Fire soon!!

Kate at Read This Book! said...

Keep it up! =) You can do it Steph.

I see lots of awesome titles there. =]

Amee said...

I don't know how you guys do these 24+ hour reading challenges. My attention span is way too short! lol

Liviania said...

At least you have a great pile for the challenge!

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I read a lot yesterday but then had to get some sleep. I'm up again today and I'm going to try and read read read! And I feel so much better about my reading because it took you four hours to finish Catching Fire. I keep feeling like I'm not reading fast enough, but I'm glad someone else isn't a speed reader!:)

Kerri said...

Good luck on passing the 20 hour mark. I'm hoping to make a minimum of 12. I got in 3 last night and 2 so far today. I'm off to start book #2. Happy Reading.

thereadingzone said...

I doubt I'll make it to the 20 hours reading group this year, but I'm having tons of fun!

I just gave BEAUTIFUL CREATURES to one of my students. I can't wait to hear if you enjoy it!

Bibliovore said...

Envy--I has it! I hear Catching Fire was amaaaaazing. Will you review?

Miss Cindy said...

wow :) good luck on the rest!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph