Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: Ash

Waiting on Wednesday = Jill at Breaking the Spine's idea. (Posted today because I saw Lenore had posted hers today and that confused me into thinking it was Wednesday and I don't feel like scheduling it so there you go.)

Ash by Malinda Lo
Pushed into indentured servitude for her stepmother in the City to pay off her father’s debts, Ash is consumed with grief. She misses her family and her happy life at the edge of the Wood where old magic used to linger in the air like fairy breath. Her only joy comes from the brief, stolen walks in the woods with the dark and dangerous fairy Sideman. Ash’s single, unspoken hope is that someday he might steal her away, as fairies are said to do.

But on the day that Ash meets Kaisa, the King’s Huntress, her heart begins to change. Instead of chasing fairies, from Alisa she learns the art of the hunt, how to ride and track. Their friendship is as delicate as a new bloom, but it grows and changes, and with it, Ash reawakens her capacity for love—and her desire to live.

IT LOOKS FAB.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cover rocks!

BookChic said...

I just got a copy of this in the mail! I'm so excited to read it! :) The jacket has a rough texture- I love it. It's fun to pet, lol.

Steph Su said...

Um, yes. Good choice. This looks amazing. I can't wait. :)

Aerin said...

I know, I canNOT wait for this one. In fact, I may have to hate BookChic now. Just a little.

deltay said...

I agree - the cover is absolutely gorgeous! And the premise sounds so enticing; I'm really looking forward to this one as well.

RR said...

That it does, I want it and I loovee the cover.

moonrat said...

i just heard about this book for the first time today from another blogger. now i'm intrigued. i wonder what you'll think when you're done?

Amee said...

Love the cover. Plot sounds okay.

Fantastic Book Review said...

I'll have to put this one on my list.

Alea said...

Agreed. Sounds very interesting. I love that the author interviewed the cover designer, that majorly RULES!

robin_titan said...

The cover is beautiful!

Malinda Lo said...

Thanks for the mention, Steph!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph