Sunday, May 10, 2009

Retrospective

This is not my idea: I've see "this week in review"-type posts everywhere. Sometimes "this month in review". Same thing. However, I've had a few people ask me if they could do it after I did a In Hindsight post two weeks ago (of course you can! It's everywhere!), and I've seen a couple do it since, and I think this would be a neat way to keep up with each other's blog if we get behind. Thus, a retro meme type deal.

So, if you want to participate, just post what you did in this past week (feel free to link here so people know where to get other people's list) on your blog and add a link to your post below.

~

Contests: A list of various online contests; win Waiting for You; win Shadowed Summer (this week's Pub Story giveaway!).

On Sunday, I vlogged. And it was creepy. Preview: There is a turkey and he dances.

I then asked you what your favorite 80s movie is so I could gain some much-needed culture.

Then I cranked up the awesome by picking a lesbian retelling of Cinderella, Ash by Malinda Lo, for my Waiting on Wednesday. I just think that's the most unique angle ever.

Pub Story: Saundra Mitchell, author of Shadowed Summer, proves that sometimes quitting doesn't make you a quitter, it makes you a published writer.

Random! Once again! 50 things (about me). Preview:

27. I am not traditional in the slightest except for the fact I really, really want a crazy Greek wedding.

28. But I don’t know if this means I want a marriage. Do I?

29. Oh who am I kidding: I am so traditional in some aspects. I want a marriage.

30. And many, many kids.

31. Except that if I live in NYC, will that even be possible? The many, many kids bit?

32. Fine, I’ll settle for three and--

33. Four.

Annnnnd - a list of some upcoming sad-sounding books because I'm into that sort of thing.

-

Okay, so, good? Link up if you wanna participate!

6 comments:

Melissa Walker said...

Ooh, I did this yesterday just so no one missed a contest this week. Great idea!

Khy said...

ASH is fabulous.

Reader Rabbit said...

Khy, I envy you!

And Steph, great idea! I'm in. ;)

Mrs. Magoo said...

Yay!! I'm so excited to start this!

Alea said...

I did it and I posted an absolutely goofy image!

Bookworm said...

Great way to end a week--very creative. It's almost like YA Connection for the individual blog. Thanks! (:

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph