Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"Dystopian high school sex comedy" indeed!

From the woman herself:

Alessandra Balzer at Balzer & Bray/HarperCollins Children’s Books acquired World English rights to New York Times bestselling author Megan McCafferty’s new novel in a two-book deal from Heather Schroder at ICM. Bumped is a sharply funny and provocative dystopian novel set in a world where only teens are able to have babies, and are contracted by adults to carry them to term. Megan is best known for her Jessica Darling series, which started with Sloppy Firsts and most recently ended with Perfect Fifths.

I remember when she talked about this in her Girl Week interview...

10 comments:

Okie said...

sounds intriguing.

Alea said...

Oh wow.... that's gonna be GOOD!

Kelsey said...

Eeek! I want that right now!!!

Taren said...

Oooh sounds sort of Handmaid's Tale-ish, except with an actual story.

Reader Rabbit said...

:) Can't wait!

Amee said...

Sounds interesting! I like that it's labeled as a comedy. I might have less interest otherwise (dystopias tend to depress me!).

Lenore said...

I have long said there needed to be a dystopian comedy! Sign me up please :)

Thao said...

Sounds so cool. I can't wait for it.

Miss Cindy said...

sounds interesting, thanks for sharing :)

Steph Su said...

LOL you should've seen all the books she read in research for this book on Facebook's Visual Bookshelf application. Books about teenage pregnancy, sex in high school, twins, religion and sex... now we know what that's all about!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph