Sunday, May 24, 2009

ARE YOU GOING TO BEA?

I AM!!! :D

I feel silly doing this, but since this is sort of a really huge thing for me (cos I live abroad and will be traveling to NYC exclusively for this), I want to make sure I meet everyone I know or who knows me who will be there. And since I have found out some autographing authors whose names aren't on the lists, and others still who aren't signing but will be there nonetheless, I want to ensure I have everyone.

So if you'll be there (and you don't have to be an author--lord knows I'm hoping to meet some editors, agents, etc just to chat about their jobs), email me. Let's schedule some face time. ;)

And I really do mean it about the agents/editors/etc (particularly editors). I'll be making a college choice in a year and this is a golden opportunity for me to learn more about the job (since it's what I really, really want to do). I promise that:

I won't try to hand you an unsolicited manuscript.
I'm harmless.
I won't take up a lot of time. I'm a fast talker.

Like I said, I feel silly doing this. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and a girl doesn't go to NYC all the time. And a girl would also like to let you know that you don't have to be in YA for her to want to meet you. I'm a people person--I like meeting everyone.

14 comments:

Taren said...

I beg for differ on count number two. I find you frightening.

Rebecca Herman said...

Well I don't know you very well but I will be at BEA. I didn't know there would be additional signings that aren't on the autographing list!

Katiebabs a.k.a KB said...

I will be there all day Saturday. As for trying to get my unpublished manuscripts in someone's hands, I am not really expecting much. I want to books though.
All those lovely books...

zac said...

I MIGHT go and tag along with my agent.

There is a party on wednesday, which my agency hosts every year. it's small and at a place called Frog, if you wanna go =)

Beth F said...

You won't be able to escape me!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

If you've never been to BEA, be warned - it's overwhelming to say the least! I was there last time it was in DC and the sheer size alone boggled my mind. Be prepared for all of the free reading material - we came home with about $900 worth of free books!

L. Diane Wolfe
www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
www.spunkonastick.net
www.thecircleoffriends.net

Maggie said...

I've got a little present for you over at my blog!
http://beanbagbooks.blogspot.com/2009/05/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Alexa Young said...

I find you frightening too. But probably for very different reasons than Taren.

Taren said...

Wow, Alexa. My comment was a joke. Does yours mean that you're serious?

Alexa Young said...

Taren: Yes! Sometimes Steph scares me. Example: The time she reviewed FRENEMIES (a huge build-up, making me think the whole time she was going to pan it...and then sweet relief). I know several other authors who have gone through a similar experience, specifically with our beloved X. Steph has a way of sparking a certain fear in some people--which has as much to do with the person on the receiving end as her approach.

Genevieve said...

I'm going to be at BEA! Go to the NYC Teen Author Carnival on Thursday. I'm going to be one of the various hosts. : ) It is going to be AWESOME.
http://teenauthorcarnival.blogspot.com/

Jessica Kennedy said...

I'll be there! :) Hope to see you! :)

Heather Zundel said...

I hope you have an amazing experience. And I sincerely hope you meet your editors/agents. Have fun. And can I say that you wanting to be an agent/editor is the coolest thing I've seen you say on your blog? I'll be looking for you in the future ;)

ali :) said...

Steph, I just have this small request ... Can you please pack me into your suitcase? :P

Lucky, lucky, lucky you! I want to go to NY (so, you know ... have any spare pace left? :P)! It sounds like an AMAZING trip!

Eeee! I'm so freakin' excited for you! Much, much, much LOVE! :)

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph