Friday, May 1, 2009

Am I Stephenie Meyer?

Apparently so.

Messages I have gotten:

I love your series and whoever did this to you [leak the Midnight Sun manuscript] should feel really bad. Please continue to write this book.You have to know what is done is done and you can't go back,although you must be going through a ton please continue to write.Remember you have fans out there that are counting on you and you wouldn't want to let them down would you???

I am a big fan of yours Mrs.Meyers. I do hope you finish writing Midnight Sun. I would love the story from Edwards point of view. Thank You for writing the Twilight Saga. A Loyal Fan

hey steph i really want you to write the 5th book i love twilight and im not ready for it to end just yet

Listen,
I'm just another voice in the million you'll receive. I am an author as well and hope to publish my books soon. If you really enjoy writing the Twilight Saga, then you should continue to. So what is someone posted Midnight Sun on the internet? You have got a lot of people worried because you won't finish it! Your probably sitting at home reading the comments left here by countless people and thinking, Wow! they really do care. Personally I think that your not finishing just so people will get angry and leave comments so you get more fans. Stephenie, you are a great author and if you don't finish this book, you'll be making a big mistake. The next time you decide to right a really good book, someone might remember this and not read it. They might think, Oh! This is the person who never finished Midnight Sun because it leaked out on the web. Why should I read any more of her stuff? Then they'll walk away and pick up another book. You have talent, and you need to use it! You can't sit back while fans are pleading for you to continue. You just want attention and you know it. Everyone who thinks about posting a comment should stop because she isn't worth it. She doesn't care about us! She just wants publicity. Just so you know Stephenie, I am done with the Twilight Series. You write a great book and stop writing the series short because it leaked out. We all knew it was going to happen sometime! No great author can write books without expecting one to leak out onto the internet! The person who posted it on the web is clearly jealous of your talent. Now look at what he/she caused. If one of my books got published, I would be glad. No, I'm not crazy. It means the person is jealous and wants to tell you by hurting you.
-From one author to another.

Hehe.

28 comments:

Priya said...

LOL.

tencentnotes said...

Haha. Awesome.

That last comment is kinda harsh though... I can completely understand why she wouldn't want to go forward with Midnight Sun.

Taren said...

Oh my GOD! This is the funniest thing ever! There really is no limit as to how dumb people can be.
And to the one who addressed "Mrs. Meyers", why do I think they didn't get a lot out of the books when they couldn't even comprehend that it's Meyer and not Meyers?

You know what, Steph? I think you SHOULD write that fifth Twilight book! Who's with me?

cynthea said...

ha!

booksarelife said...

OMGsh.

People really dont pay attention do they? I mean...it says your fifteen. Stephenie Meyer is so NOT fifteen.

And who would just assume that your Stephenie Meyer? That is crazy lol.

But incredibly funny :]

deltay said...

LOL.

Oh. My.

I'm speechless.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That is all I have to say.

never-jen-land said...

Amazing haha

Diana Dang said...

Oh my, how long have you been receiving these emails? This is quite interesting xD

Deborah said...

lol i get those posts ALL the time on my blog. i have no idea why in the world people think i'm the author.

Amy said...

That is funny:-D, though no offense, I think stephanie meyer would have about 198084385 followers(myself not included).

Donna said...

O_o

Adele said...

While this is funny and they are mistaken I don't agree with posting someone's emails as blog content (esp if you don't have permission). Of course they might just be from post comments but then I still feel uncomfortable that you've highlighted them in this way.

I always get emails from people who believe I am Sarah Dessen because of one of my blogs. While it demonstrates a lack of exploration of your blog, I don't agree that they should be posted this way.

Steph said...

They were blog comments, not emails, in case that wasn't clear.

Adele said...

While they are from comments and as such public domain, I think it's a little harsh. They took the time to (mistakingly) comment on your site about a series they loved. Silly of them? Yes. But they had good intentions and I cannot help but think if they return to your blog as they are fond readers and see themselves being mocked.

I admit to being more sensitive to these kids of things as a teacher but it really doesn't sit right with me. I know pretty much everyone else will disagree and think I am being pedantic but I think I'd be mortified if someone did this with one of my comments (esp the one's with copious typos). We post on people's blogs in good faith.

Reader Rabbit said...

That's hilarious; really.

Maybe they should have looked before they commented *shrug*

But you should totally write the 5th book, Steph! :)

Okie said...

hilarious

Amee said...

That last comment is scary. It seems like people mix up bloggers for the authors of the books they talk about a lot.

Maya Ganesan said...

That's hilarious! :)

soundistheword3 said...

So hilarious!

Emily Ruth said...

oh my GOSH this is GREAT.
*dies laughing*

Meghan said...

Adele, stop being so uptight. Sure, most of the time people don't deserve to be mocked, but sometimes they do.

This is one of those times.

ReaderGirl said...

lol that's crazy awesome! Lucky you! ;)

Alea said...

I'm not really sure WHY they thought you were Stephenie. I was subscribed to those comments after ranting on that post when you originally posted it and it's a steady stream that's for sure.

Kimberly Derting said...

I'm with Taren, I think you should go for it!!

-"from one author to another"

dissectingperfection said...

omg.

*dies laughing*

this is classic. and i agree - you should totally write the book yourself.

Bookworm said...

OMG! Funniest. Thing. Ever.

Catherine (On The Nightstand) said...

Aw man, that is so much more amusing than the person who commented on a short story I had written poking gentle fun at human/vampire romances (and not because I hate the genre - it's one of my favourite genres to read, and I've even written a novel in that genre), saying it was slightly offensive and that "its a good story but come on do you really think that writing this story is going to get people to stop talking about Twilight?"

Being mistaken for the author is much more amusing that someone thinking a tiny short story in the depths of a blog is gonna bring down Twilight.

E. M. Reads said...

Ha ha ha! I think I may have tinkled in my pants. Off to change...

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph