Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pub Stories

There's this feature over at Dear Author I really like called First Sale, held on Mondays, in which an author guest blogs about their publication path. I'm abnormally curious about this sort of thing which is why I liked the feature so much.

But there was one little problem--they mostly only do romance authors. And I don't read romance. And I haven't seen this type of thing done in YA book blogs. And--

So I emailed the ladies there last week and with their blessing, I'm going to start a YA version of it. From now until I run out of materials, expect a new Pub Story (look, I'm not creative) each week.

** A PREMONITION **
There will be excitement.

So I'm just making this public announcement because if there are any authors out there who follow my blog and I don't know you or have never reviewed your book(s) or both, and you have a funny/unusual/what-have-you pub story, please email me. I'm letting go of that 'I have to have read your book and loved it to host you here' policy of mine for this particular feature. So, email me.

** A BASIC NECESSITY **
Providing a giveaway copy of your book is always a plus.

14 comments:

Erika Lynn said...

i think this is a brilliant idea and can't wait to read the stories!

Amy said...

Awesome Steph! Well done, I look forward to reading these!

Elizabeth said...

This is an AWESOME idea.

Steph said...

Yay! Again, I want to give major props to the ladies at Dear Author. I wish I'd come up with it myself. =)

Carol(ina) said...

I know of another blogger who's gonna start doing something similar as this but she's doing it for Deb authors. So...I thought I'd just let you know. And I can't tell you who it was cus I had to swear I wouldn't tell but I'll let her know.

Renay said...

I love this idea. :D

Thao said...

Can't wait till the first post of this.

Taren said...

Hahaha you should write Malcolm and see if he'd be interested. I swear to God, though, if he writes you back (when all I got was an email from the assitant) I.will.cut.you.

Lenore said...

Will you feature picture book illustrators too? Because I know someone who has a great story ;)

Steph Su said...

Love these stories! Would you consider doing "pub stories" (or the equivalent) for cover illustrators as well? I feel like they're an underappreciated career group, even though they sometimes determine if we do or don't read a book!

Sadako said...

Sounds fun, can't wait to see you do it.

Carol(ina) said...

http://kmessner.livejournal.com/

Amee said...

Can't wait to see the first one!

jennifer Banash said...

Great idea. Would love to do this if you're ever interested.

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph