Friday, March 6, 2009

Fab!

I am unconditionally, irrevocably fabulous. My fabulosity sparkles in all its neologism's glory. I work for my fabulous worth, am nothing without my Fabulous Factor, have no personality without the ease of fabulous. When my fabulosity leaves me for any period of time, I am a mess, a blasphemy to human existence, and I am under a perpetual state of crying and sniffles.

Five things I am addicted to:

1. Learning. I *know* you're all itching to tell me to shove it, or to cut the crap, or to be real, or to be like, "OMG NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD." But I am. If I had the option of going to the US for college where you don't have to declare a major upfront to be accepted and where you can do double majors at the same university and stuff, I would totally try to shoot for triple majors. I'd want to do a million minors. On some days, I even aspire to do a physics degree one day, just for the heck of it. (And yes, I know, it takes a lot of studying and effort and isn't something you do on a whim. But, bitch please. A person can never know too much, and I am up for a challenge.)

2. Yelling. Pfft, screw 'inside voices.' There is nothing that isn't more effectively said in very raised tones. Unless you're one of the enlightened individuals who can use silence to your advantage - I'm trying.

3. Little Dude and Prune. They're the best kids ever.

4. Frogs. I have a million of them - cute stuffed animal versions, that is (the real thing = the nasty) - in my room. If anyone's looking to surprise me on my birthday on something, clip $5000 to a tiny frog and you're golden. :)

5. Wordplay. There's just nothing I like better than parodies, sarcasm, irony, and best of all - wordplay. I love language. I'd even look into doing linguistics if I didn't already have such trouble making up my 15-year-old mind about what I want to do for the rest of my life within my more prominent interests. (I have to decide in a year and five months, about. When I'm 16! WHAT?)

I tag-- oh this is too hard! You're all fabulous! BUT...

Taren ~
Reader Rabbit *
Madison #
Trisha
Ann-Kat

11 comments:

Senfaye said...

Congrats Steph!
-Senfaye :)
http://amazeofbooks.blogspot.com/

madison said...

Stuffed frogs are WAY cute, and yeah, going for a degree in physics IS tempting. Even though the math might get complicated to the point of confusing. :-)

Madison as in me?

Steph Su said...

I used to be an astrophysics major, actually. That was before I realized I didn't want to spend 3 hours a day doing problem sets. But I still love physics.

You should look into applying to my college. You can't triple major, but a lot of people try for--and end up doing--a double major and a minor. So that's close, right? Plus, everyone here loves wordplay. Hell, we're just a bunch of learning-oriented schluffs who think we're just oh-so-clever and the funniest people in the world. You'd enjoy debating with my classmates.

Oh, and not that I, a student ambassador for the Admissions office, am outrageously promoting my school or anything...

Alea said...

Haha, I hear you with the learning Steph, I wish I was in school forever and had like 12 minors!

Reader Rabbit said...

I have a supercute frog piggy bank that I was supposed to give away for Secret Santa 4 years ago...but I couldn't help myself.

So I kept it.
And I still think it's cute. hehe

sweetmelissa818 said...

I'm 26 years old and am still in college! I'm also addicted to learning!

Amee said...

I have several frog stuffed animals. I have a blue frog and a green frog that are filled with beans like beanie babies but they're not beanie babies. My niece is always stealing them!

Liviania said...

Why can't you go to college in the US?

Many of my friends are triple-majoring, and I know a guy with an honors physics degree who is now a chef.

Steph said...

Livinia - it's a combination of many things. I have a ten-subject course load and the evaluation system is based entirely on test scores (no homework or participation grades - we don't even do homework, only lecture-review exercises). Our education isn't centered around grades - we take college entrance exams, and that's what determines which universities you get into. Doesn't matter if you were the biggest fuckup ever during collegiate (high school) - the only thing that matters is the grade you get in the vestibular (entrance exams). Our passing grade is 5 (out of 10), just to give you an idea.

(I always thought grades in the US were inflated, tbh.)

Anyway, given that grades are a large part of getting accepted in the US, I'm screwed. Also, my family has no money (I'm a scholarship student at my prep school, for instance; I'm sure my parents would've paid full tuition because it's a damn amazing school, but they would never have the money to pay for four years of US college, esp. since I'd be out-of-state). Without the grades, I can't get a scholarship. And schools that give aid to foreign students are few. I could do loans, but I'd have to be accepted, and then the market ain't so hot now. How would I pay it back?

It goes on and on. If I can get into a good uni here, it'll be free - while our primary and secondary education system sucks (which is why the 'privileged' classes go to private schools), our public (run on tax money, therefore free) universities are great. My state's federal and state unis are world-ranked (top 176th and 177th, if I'm not mistaken), so while it's like a gazillion students per spot applying, if I got in, I'm golden.

But that's the thing - only one major, and I have to declare it before I even get in, to take the entrance exam accordingly. It's not what I want. I really really wish there was some way I could go to the US.

Maya Ganesan said...

Of course you're fab! And while I hate yelling, I do love learning and wordplay.

ALEXA YOUNG said...

I love how I nominated you for this award and you STILL found a way to not name-check me. Strange things are afoot in the land of X (and have been for quite some time). Interesting. Very interesting! xxxxx

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph