Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: Crazy Beautiful

Waiting on Wednesday = Jill's idea. My pick for this week:

Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
In an explosion of his own making, Lucius blew his arms off. Now he has hooks. He chose hooks because they were cheaper. He chose hooks because he wouldn’t outgrow them so quickly. He chose hooks so that everyone would know he was different, so he would scare even himself.

Then he meets Aurora. The hooks don’t scare her. They don’t keep her away. In fact, they don’t make any difference at all to her.

But to Lucius, they mean everything. They remind him of the beast he is inside.

Perhaps Aurora is his Beauty, destined to set his soul free from its suffering. Or maybe she’s just a girl who needs love just like he does.

Find more on Lauren's site.

It sounds different. I like different.

11 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Me too. I really want to read this. It sounds amazing. I just posted the countdown on my blog for it actually. :)

-Lauren

H said...

I've seen a lot of love for this one. You're right though, it does sound different. And I like how he turns into smoke on the cover

Alea said...

This past week I've been thinking about why hooks and what happened, so I'm so glad to read this!

Diana Peterfreund said...

So. Excited. About this book. Lauren and I are at the same agency, and you can bet I'm angling for an ARC!

Amee said...

I'll definitely be reading this one. :)

GreenBeanTeenQueen said...

I want this one too. It sounds amazing and different so I can't wait.
-Sarah

stargirlreads said...

I wanna read this

mzink said...

Wow... this DOES sound different. In a GOOD way!

deltay said...

It sounds intriguing - the cover's very mysterious too.

Reader Rabbit said...

ohh, sounds great.
JE LE VEUX <3

ALEXA YOUNG said...

This really does sound great (anyone remember the movie POWDER? For some reason the book description is evoking that for me). Anyway, Lauren is fab...I'm sure this is going to be a great one. xo

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph