Monday, February 2, 2009

Today is not my day.

Loved school as per usual (you may think I'm being dorky but ten bucks says you would absolutely adore my school if you went there), actually studied this afternoon as opposed to just wasting it away doing a bunch of nothing-browsing on the internet, found out my mom bought this apple cinnamon thing that I love, all of which made it kind of worthwhile.

So I'm trying to understand why I feel so meh. It's like I've hit a plateau somewhere and things just won't move. I'm sick of awaiting replies to pressing things, I'm sick of having no excitement whatsoever for reading (hence the lack of reviews and bookish posts), I'm sick of here, and I'm sick of the general unappreciative stance that seems to be going around. And I am snappy. I barked at my mom today for no reason other than her taking the cheese a few paces ahead, to the table, while I was still using it.

Yeah, I know.

I hate to use this as an excuse for stuff because I don't think it justifies anything, but I hand-to-god think I'm PMSing.

And I had to share just because. And now? Back to taking notes on whatever else is still left for me to take notes on.

10 comments:

mzink said...

Aw, it's okay, Steph! We all get that way sometimes. And I don't care what anyone says, even though I try not to use that as an excuse for anything either, it kinda messes you all up sometimes, you know?

Times like these, you need to be good to yourself, okay? Take the pressure off for the reading (it can wait) and just treat yourself to some R&R doing anything YOU want to do. You'll feel better in no time, I promise!
:D

Saundra Mitchell said...

You're allowed to take a break! Especially if you feel like people are taking you for granted. It's never fun when it feels like everything you do is work, so take some time off and don't work. Just revel a little, live a little. The passion comes back!

Renay said...

Sorry you're feeling so out of sorts! You've been doing a lot of stuff lately. Perhaps a break is in order?

Feel better soon. :)

Katie said...

If it's any consolation, I am in the exact same place. You just articulated everything I've been thinking for the past few months.

Janicu said...

You aren't alone. Days like this are when my best friend and I rant about men sucking for not having to go through PMS and how they would DIE if they had cramps and other fun girl things. It's pretty much the same rant each time, and it's SO mature, but after I go through it I feel much less bloodlust.

Dale Rogers said...

Blah-what happens when your brain turns to mush

Hang in there and take it easy.

Laina said...

Poor Steph. :( You need a gah. Let me get the pic...

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr128/Laina1312/Gah.gif

And a dancing frog to cheer you up.
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr128/Laina1312/frogmaybe.gif

Amee said...

Poor Steph. Don't let the unappreciativeness get you down. You could always switch and find someone more appreciative. Just kidding, sort of. I hope you cheer up soon. :)

Don't forget, 1 PM (my time) tomorrow!

ali said...

OMG. I swear, I feel the same. I have this whole "meh" thing going on. I figure that I'm a very ... I'm not sure what the word is ... but, I'm not one to get extremely (as in, bounce off the walls) excited, but I don't get extremely depressed. I'm just ... meh. It's like some crazy funk I'm stuck in.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that: I APPRECIATE YOU *sends bucket loads of appreciation via hovercraft* for absolutely EVERYTHING you've done. I seriously, honestly, sincerely do! And, I really hope things get better :)

With a whole ton of love always!

Lisa Mantchev said...

Hormones, you haz them. And a good case of Winter MEH, probably.

Good for a laugh is the CakeWrecks blog..

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com

Beverage alert in full effect for some of them. ;)

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph