Monday, February 16, 2009

Quick Question(s)

I'm procrastinating on studying by adding stuff to the Bargain section of my Amazon Store because it's fun. (Speaking of which: it's been updated since my last post. Wanna see? Click! And to answer the questions: Yes, I will update it whenever I have time. Keep an eye on there if you're looking for good deals!)

Anyway, I just realized I have noooo idea what percentage of my readership are ebook readers. Are you? (Poll below!)



I've thought about adding some Kindle products on the store, but I'm not sure if I should bother if no one likely to step into my store HAS a Kindle, so here's a poll for ya:



P.S. Why yes, I did adopt a capitalist mentality overnight. Thanks for asking ;) Nah, it's just that I was really bored and so I thought, why not organize my own store? And that led to the Amazon Associates thing. I honestly have no idea how much money can be made from that, but I'm thinking not a lot because I'd have to sell over $160 to make $10. Which takes even longer because I'm big on bargains, which in turn earn me even less. But hey - I'm happy to have hooked some people up with affordable copies of books they wanted. That's my goal.

So yeah, not doing this for the (crappy wage) money. Though whatever I make will go into this trusty fund I have going on to buy my dad the rest of his beloved Poirot novels. 16 more to go, woo hoo! Wish me luck. The world hasn't seen a Christie fan this avid since, ever.

11 comments:

jocelyn said...

No and no but that might change next year if I go overseas.

Also: I've been an Amazon Associate since last month. I have made four dollars. Not particularly profitable :-)

tencentnotes said...

I really want to get the Kindle2 but it's just SO EXPENSIVE and it's not like I'm going to stop buying real books. I love the feel of them too much, haha.

Amy said...

Lol, at the first comment, I've been an associate for about 8 months and made 5 dollars. I don't push it hard, though. Thanks for pointing out the bargains, though, Steph!

Brigita said...

I have a question (because I have no clue about Amazon Associates): what are the shipping terms like? I know I once wanted to buy a used book, but the seller (it wasn't Amazon) didn't ship to my country (EU). How does that function in your shop?

Btw, I voted no on both accounts. I love the smell of paper.

Mrs. Magoo said...

Oh you have NO idea.... in sixth grade I was reading like, three Agatha Christie books a day. :D

H said...

I hate reading off a screen. It makes my eyes go funny.

Bookworm said...

Mrs. Magoo: I SO remember.
As for me, I don't really like eBooks. Guess I'm just old-school like that. (:

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

I don't do ebooks. I'm an Amazon associate as well. I've certainly made more than $5. So it's all in how much you push it. Oddly though, none of that from my storefront. Just from click throughs to the main site.

Laina said...

I voted no on both, reading that much on a screen makes my eyes hurt.

tresliso said...

you know, at first i thought i'd HATE reading ebooks, but it's a hell loads cheaper then lovely beautiful paper book (sigh!), but it kinda grows on you. I don't have a kindle, neither would i want one, it's only good for books bought off amazon methinks (not sure tho). I read off my laptop, which i find pretty convenient. Though a propah (more portable than my laptop) ebook reader is definitely on my wishlist!

Maya Ganesan said...

Oops. :) Sadly, I do neither.

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph