Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Purse and the Prune

I'm really sorry to the people sick of looking at personal-like posts filled with photos, etc., but 1) I really have nothing new to share, 2) my book reading has taken a serious hit. So, work with me here.

First and foremost, exactly 2 weeks ago, I said I'd show you my spectacular purse/bag. It's a fashion statement, if I do say so myself, although my sense of fashion is somewhere toward the Celsius freezing point, so... Keep in mind it was $17. I'm not kidding. I was looking for something huge to stuff more books in to take on the plane cos I thought my bags would go over the weight limit.

I really thought I'd get teased because of it this year, but so far all the girls in my class want to know where I got it. (While I am flattered, I find this annoying. I bought it in the US, but if it were a national store, would they also buy themselves one? Spare me. Or maybe they liked the funky feel and wanted to find something similar, but not quite? Hmm...)

AND... The latest addition to my universe, my niece and goddaughter, Prune. She is so aptly named because most newborns look like such, and even though I think I love her more than life itself, I will acknowledge that at this point she is just not the cutest (yet). Give it a few weeks and she'll be a knockout :P
Three things I like in that picture: my thumb looking like a ghost's, my school uniform, and finally, to end this post with a bang, Prune m'dear.

26 comments:

Beth F said...

OMG Prue is the sweetest looking baby. Really!

Cassandra said...

Aw, she's such a cutie. :D

Also, that bag is astonishing. I kinda want to find one like that now... >.>

Shalonda said...

I think she is adorable! And your hair looks gorgeous!

Alea said...

Aww what a darling picture! And it looks like you could fit a lot in that purse of yours!

Amy said...

hhaaa, i like that name, prune. :) I don't think she'll like it when she gets older though, it's like asking to be teased.
btw, you have beautiful hair. I hate mine-it's just brown, straight, blah.
-Amy

Ann Diana Dinh, said...

That bag is so cute! I need to go get a new bag...but aw, Prune is so darn cute!!

-Ann

Steph said...

Thanks, everyone :) I think she's just the best thing that's ever happened, really. I'm going to spoil this girl so much.

Also, Amy: Hahaha believe me, it's not that great. I've had some luck lately that I got some longish bangs cut in. (But I love how it looks in that picture!) I would've put a different picture up, one that showed Prune more, but her mom is paranoid and asked for that one in particular. Le sigh.

Steph

Taren said...

I saw the pictures you posted on facebook and meant to email you to tell you how adorable they are. And they are! I'm glad you get along better with Prune than you do with your nephew ;) although he's freaking adorable, too. I like how your family got the monopoly on the preciousness genes.

Amee said...

I like the purse! And your niece. :P

Saundra Mitchell said...

OMG BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reader Rabbit said...

Nice bag :)

And Prune! Yay. haha

Brooke Reviews said...

Very cute purse, and even more adorable baby! Congrats :D

Bookworm said...

Love the bag...and Prune is adorable! Give her a kiss from me! <3

Hope. said...

Oh my goodness, I want your bag! I think I may just have to travel to you and come and steal it! And it's warm where you live and I miss warm, so it'd be a good deal for me. :p

And aweeeee she's so damn cute. :)

Diana Dang said...

Your niece is adorable!

ali said...

OMG! She is freakin' c-u-t-e, my dear Steph! Eeeee! I think she has her Godmother's hotness genes! ;) Love, love, love your bag!

And, I'd gladly do you exam for you ... if, I actually understood any of it! :P Good luck, good luck, good luck!

Lots of love, love, love to you and Prune!

Ronni said...

What? That baby is gorgeous!!! Also, I like when you post about your life as well as when you post about your books, so don't stop, OK? Good luck on your exam.

H said...

As everyone else has said, nice bag and gorgeous baby. I like the photo. She looks so tiny!

Liviania said...

She's adorable already.

erindionne said...

Looks to me like you could slip Prune into that fab bag and sneak away...

She's one precious Wee!!

cindy said...

love that last foto. it makes me feel all squishy. congrats to you and yours! new babies are such joys!

Thao said...

I love the bag, and I love Prune. She's so cute in your arms!

Just Listen said...

I know what you mean about the book reading taking a serious hit. Hopefully I'll get back into it soon and so will you. :)

Aww, Prune is adorable!

Laina said...

Awwwww, I love that picture. :)

A.S. King said...

Oh look at her!!! Newborns are just so awesome.

Laura said...

Oh, Steph, you look like a natural being an auntie! Prune is adorable, and beautiful. I mean WHAT a beautiful baby!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph