Sunday, February 1, 2009

Here's A Contest You Don't Wanna Miss

Today is the debut of The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King. What this means in practical terms is, awesome has been unleashed into the world. And to celebrate, I and a bunch of other bloggers bring to you...

The Dust of 100 Dogs Deal

This is an idea I got from Lauren at Shooting Stars Mag.

Here's what Dust is about: In the late 17th century, famed pirate Emer Morrisey was on the cusp of escaping pirate life with her one true love and unfathomable riches when she was slain and cursed with the dust of 100 dogs, dooming her to one hundred lives as a dog before returning to a human body—with her memories intact. Now she's a contemporary American teenager, and all she needs is a shovel and a ride to Jamaica.

What do you do? Buy the book and send an email to dust@reviewerx.com with a picture/scan of the receipt OR screenshot of your Amazon purchase thingy OR a picture yourself with the book.

I'm well aware there's are ways to cheat this, but I'll go by the honor system because so far the blogosphere has proved to be the bestest kind of honest there is.

If you donated an item, you are welcome to enter, too! And if anybody has an ARC or book in new condition and wants to throw it in here, please email me (reviewerx at gmail.com).

What do you get? You get entered to the drawing to take home all the prizes.

What are the prizes? We have $110 in giftcards to giveaway. Here's the divide:

$70 to Amazon (in the form of 7 different $10 giftcards)
$20 to whatever online store you want
$10 to B&N
$10 to an indie bookstore of your choice

(Thanks to Lenore, Abby, Liv, James, Kristi, Shalonda, Khy, Renay, and Lauren for this!)

And we also have a bunch of books to giveaway:

Wake and Fade signed by Lisa McMann

Tips on Having an (Ex) Boyfriend
, Love (And Other Uses for Duct Tape), Girl, Hero, and Need all signed by Carrie Jones

Eighth Grade Bites and Ninth Grade Slays signed by Heather Brewer

Death by Bikini, Death by Latte and Death by Denim (ARC - May 2009 release) signed by Linda Gerber

I Know It's Over signed by C.K. Kelly Martin

Your choice of Violet on the Runway, Violet by Design or Violet in Private signed by Melissa Walker

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison (ARC - March 09 release) (donated by James)

The Center of the Universe (Yep, That Would Be Me) by Anita Liberty (donated by Tirzah)

Ivy by Julie Hearn (donated by Carol)

You Are So Undead to Me by Stacey Jay (donated by Nancy)

Seriously? Yup, all of that and all you have to do is buy a $10 book. The commercial value of all of these, tax not added, is over $300, plus with all the author signatures all over them... priceless :P And you get The Dust of 100 Dogs regardless, which is also an awesome book.

When does the giveaway end? A month from now, on March 1st.

Wanna do Steph a favor? Blog about this! Add it to your sidebar! Whatever. Anything you can do to spread the word will be greatly appreciate. This contest is to promote a book, so you'd be doing a huge favor.

Can you keep a secret?
A.S. King has no idea about this so don't tell her!

But because I'm sure she'll find out anyway...

SURPRISE, Amy, and happy debut!

24 comments:

Alea said...

Wow so I was totally out of the loop on this one *sniffles* Happy Release Day!

Thao said...

That's super duper awesome. You and others rock Steph. I'd join if they sold the book here (which will never happen =.=). Will spread the world anyway.

HAPPY RELEASE DAY TO AMY!!!!

Adele said...

Good luck to whoever wins! I would just be stoked to get the book - great work girls.

The Story Siren said...

wow! even better than I was expecting!! epic

The Ravenous Reader said...

Yeay! this is contest is amazing. Whoever wins will be very lucky to have this pirate's treasure with all the booty. Sorry...I could not resist :)

BookChic said...

YAY!!!

And now I understand what you meant by your email, lol. You never replied back to clarify.

I can't to see what Amy says about all this. :)

Liv said...

Yay! This is sooo great. I'm going out to get the book today. :) Can't wait to read it!

Erika Lynn said...

wow this is amazing. I am heading to the bookstore this week. Can't wait to read it and enter this awesome contest.

Khy said...

Yay!

Now I must go buy the book.

Meredith said...

Dang. That is some contest! Plus, it sounds like a great book, anyway.

A.S. King said...

I'm still too moved to say much or else I will totally blow my whole tough-chick exterior. Seriously. Steph & everyone who donated something to the treasure chest - THANK YOU! I am so lucky to have landed in a lifeboat with the most supportive bunch of people on the planet. YOU ROCK. (This means YOU!!)

I was really really surprised. xoxo

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Yayyy! This is amazing. I actually saw the book at Borders this weekend. I need to back and pick up a copy. :-)

-Lauren

H said...

That's such a great idea! I can't buy it here either, but I'll be looking out for it when it releases. You must really love this book for so much effort. And it sounds really fun :)

Beth F said...

Awesome! This will be in my next week's link round up!!

TruNerd said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmigod, Steph I LOVE YOU!

i am so going to take a pic of the book!

Chick Lit Teens said...

Wow! What and amazing contest! I'm definitely going to have to go out and buy the book now, it looks great.

sammyjones57 said...

This is an amazing contest! Will definatly be joining and spreading the word!

Renay said...

Woo! Everything's unveiled. I am patiently waiting for my copy. :D

Regina said...

OMG that's awesome. I am definitely going to enter! I LOVE THE PRIZES! I would die for Death by Denim ARC! :D

sweetmelissa818 said...

I just bought it, I'll be sending the amazon confirmation shortly. You're amazing to have such a great contest!

shelburns said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am mentioning this in my Wednesday Wanderings post that will go up at midnight. Hope it brings you some more entries!

tresliso said...

I'm from India.. can i still enter.. Of course, now i'm gonna have to check if Dust is available here :D

Megan said...

Hey Steph, just to let you know I talked about your contest on my blog. Here's the link just in case you care: http://readingwithoutanet.blogspot.com/2009/02/contest.html

Roci said...

hola

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph