Sunday, January 11, 2009

Your Awesome Humbles Me

I got three lovely--lovely--mentions for Dewey's Weekly Geeks thingy, and I'm gonna go ahead and thank those people here because they were all increasingly sweet. Becky, Jocelyn, and Renay - *group hug*

Here are some of the blogs I find awesome:

Reader Rabbit run by one of my bestest friends. She's got an offbeat sense of humor and evaluation that shines through in her blog and everywhere else. Our tastes totally correlate, so she's a great discussion buddy. Oh, and? She introduced me to Annette Curtis Klause. You can't find fault in someone like that.

The Chick Manifesto, run by my partner in crime Taren. Taren is one of those awesome quotable people whose blogging and general being-awesome skills give anyone a run for their money. I'm resoundingly psyched for our planned themed year ahead because it means I get to rub shoulders with her (and laps, eh, Taren) and hopefully pick up on some of her talent.

Presenting Lenore, run by the title person Lenoir. Lenore is just such an upbeat person! You can't help smiling while you're talking to her. Also. She's classy and easygoing and impossible not to love, and she and I have some inside jokes that rock and that's just rockin'. You can probably get the gist of some of them but you don't want to cos they're trashy. (Re: lecherous in my vaqueros.) Yeah. So, anyway, Daniel, I'd like to say that I would appreciate it if you would give up your militant ways and let Lenore hang out awhile longer every now and then. I know you want your wife and all but SO DO I. Just not in the same way because I have Taren for that. ;)

Pop Culture Junkie run by Alea. Alea's a visual person which gives the blogosphere an extra edge. She's got awesome Lookalikes and other such illustrated features which are awesome, put in her graphic-designer perspective and context. Also, she's super excited about YA, a trait lost to many adults. She's enlightened. I like that. Classy chick you are, my friend!

Nineseveneight run by Eli and Rae. On a purely superficial level, they've got an awesome rating system (go see for yourself) which basically prefaces how original, unique, and kickass (badass? Eli, are you badass?) these two girls are. They're in the thick of college apps (well, not so much anymore, but they were) and still manage to keep the awesome coming, which is a feat if you ask me. I'll be there in two years and we'll see how well I do. Also, I kind of aspire to be Eli when I grow up. Just throwing that out there.

Maw Books & My Friend Amy run by Natasha and Amy respectively. It must be said I haven't read almost ANY of the books they review, but they have a great community feel to their online space that I can't help but admire (and envy, never forget!). They're both also dedicated to their blogs and aim to be professional and put forth the very best, in which they both exceed and become role-model examples. Naturally. (Also, Natasha, would this be the place to tell you that every time I see your blog name I think of "More Books"?)

Teen Book Review run by Jocelyn. You need to update more! Anyway, she's been doing it forever and is probably one of the people responsible for getting YA book blogging as big as it is now. If you don't know her blog you don't know culture and I for one think you're missing out big time. She reviews books ridiculously early which makes you feel like an inadequate fool every once in a while ("It'll be months before I get that book!") but hey, we all love her.

Becky's Book Reviews. Two words: many reviews! Seriously, like five a day? On a bad day? Becky, you make me feel inadequate (in a wholly different way than Jocelyn). How do you do it? Do you breath books? Eat them for breakfast? Mind read their contents? How? I've gotten some recs from her, which is a miracle because I'm pretty on top of stuff as far as YA books go, so there's that.

The Dairi Burger run by Robin. Even though I have read approximately zero of the books she's talked about, I love her humor. It keeps things fresh.

YA Fabulous! whose filing skills go right over my head. She does these link roundups for reviews and stuff and it is fabulous. If you like YA Connection, you will LOVE this. Also, she changes homes like no one's business.

The Sarah Dessen Diarist run by Adele. I'm sorry but a book blogger who's interview SD and who has been commented by SD just proves her point with that alone, right? How's that for validation? Also, Adele's got some crafty ideas in the works...

And The Story Siren, for managing the thick of YA Connection while I lazy the hours away. Thanks, Kristi :)

Wish I could've added my pal Amee in this, but she deleted her blog. Damn you, Amee. :P

Steph

22 comments:

Alea said...

Aww so kind of you Steph! And yeah Amee... I miss your blog! Glad you are still here though!

Taren said...

I would like everyone to know that Reviewer X has been sexually harassing me for months and it makes me incredibly uncomfortable. It's wrong and I've developed a twitch as a result of stress. Someone please make her stop!

Oh and uh thanks, Steph!!

Alea said...

Hahah, Taren, how is it possible for you to be so funny! How!!!!

Steph said...

Taren: They don't call me reviewer *X* for nothing ;)

No probs, Alea!

BookChic said...

Fantastic list- a lot of those are ones I've read and loved too! There are a few I haven't heard of before, so thanks for pointing them out to me. They look great!

Amee said...

Aw thanks Steph! You're awesome. And thanks to Alea too! I'm glad to know I'm still welcome around here, even if I did commit a sin by deleting my blog(s).

Eli said...

I love you too, Steph. In a non-creepy-homosexual-stalker sort of way. (Insert obligatory Edward Cullen I-watch-you-when-you-sleep joke here.)

And yes, I am a badass. I am such a badass that my legs are actually made out of leather pants. (That... makes no sense.)

Taren said...

But Alea, I'm not being funny! Honest! She's constantly sexually harassing me, multiple times even. You read her blog, you see it. I've told her that if she doesn't let up I'm going to speerhead a boycott against her blog. Just say no to Reviewer XXX!

Alea said...

Snort!

jocelyn said...

Thanks for the mention, Steph! And in such great company!

And what are you talking about--I've updated every day this year :-) More than once every day, actually. Except today (probably).

Reader Rabbit said...

Thanks Steph. Je t'adore, aussi. Mais...je ne t'adore pas comme Taren. *pleasedon'tsexuallyharrassme*

Anyways, I'm going to assume you're talking about me and not that annoying twit of a sister I have---just kidding sister, dear ;(

Annette Curtis Klause's books=<3
You're making me want to reread them...

Adele said...

I think I nearly teared up. Thanks for including me, was not expecting that at all. It's all Sarah, I swear.

Crafty? I think that's the best compliment of all.

stargirlreads said...

hahaha

jocelyn said...

Also, while we are spreading the blog love--nominated you for an award at http://teenbookreview.wordpress.com/2009/01/11/premio-dardos/! And perhaps you can tell me if I'm right or not about the interestingness of this bilingual award....And if it really does mean First Darts....

Chelsea said...

Most of these blogs are favorites of mine, too! And there are a couple on there I haven't read yet, so thanks for pointing them out to me! :)

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Ah Steph! You make me blush. You do. Because I have always been in envy of you. Your enthusiasm amazes me! And I suppose "more books" isn't that bad. I just went with Maw to make it easy since that's my last name and I highly doubted there would be another one out there!

Renay said...

*flails*

I swear I won't move again! I SWEAR.

Lenore said...

Speechless with a goofy grin on my face.

Nymeth said...

You deserve all the praise. I only recently found your blog (because of Girl Week), but already I'm hooked.

Okie said...

Thanks for sharing an awesome list and giving me more blogs to follow. ;)

The Story Siren said...

wow, thanks steph! i didn't expect to see my blog up there with all that greatness! seriously though, you know i couldn't do the connection without you.

Amy said...

I think you're awesome. I haven't read many of the books you've reviewed either, but I want to!!! Why?!? Why is there not enough time?

Seriously one of the best honors I could get. :)

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph