Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: *~sparkles~*

Waiting on Wednesday was created by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's a weekly book lusting appointment set forth to make the closeted book nerds feel saner. ~woo~

My choice for this week is only out on Winter 2010 (I'm guessing late Dec 09?) and has no cover yet but whatever.

Here's the Publishers Marketplace announcement:

Courtney Summers's SOME GIRLS ARE, pitched as Mean Girls meets Heathers, a dark tale of high school rivalry in which vicious rumors and nasty tricks are the currency that buy you popularity or seal your fate at the bottom of the social food chain, to Sara Goodman at St. Martin's, in a nice deal, for publication in Winter 2010, by Amy Tipton at FinePrint Literary Management (World English).

And here's from an interview with Little Willow:

What's next for you?

My next book, Some Girls Are, is coming out in Winter 2010, also from St. Martin's Press. It's about really, REALLY mean girls. I have always been fascinated about really, REALLY mean girls, so I'm pretty excited about it. While it's being whipped into shape, I'm working on my next book. I'm too superstitious to say much about WIPs (works-in-progress) . . . but it's another YA and I'm excited about it too.

Note that since it's early on in the process and Courtney is still revising and stuff, everything - title, publication date, umm... that's it? - is subject to change. People in publishing are very temperamental beings (as is the market).

4 comments:

Alea said...

Yay I can't wait for her new book either!

*~sparkles~*

sharonanne said...

Yes I can't wait to read this!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

This does sound great. I hope they keep the title. I really do like it.

-Lauren

courtney summers said...

Aaah! This is the first Waiting on Wednesday for Some Girls Are EVER. AND it has ~*sparkles*~, to boot. This combination basically guarantees that I shall cherish it ~always.~ Thank you, Steph!! :)

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph