Friday, January 9, 2009

Here's a GREAT Way to Start the Day

From the Sacramento Books Examiner: 5 Ways To Get Your Family Reading More in 2009:

Your daughter is a devoted Twilight fan? Give her Bella's favorite books -- the complete works of Jane Austen.

Hey, that's actually a pretty good idea!

And then the article shoots itself on the foot by pointing to a - are you ready? - set of recipes inspired by the Twilight series.

Have at it.

And there are party decoration ideas, too.

Just give me a moment and I'll be back with you.

...
...
...

My main problem with this is, why are there people analyzing the parties thrown in the books and writing DIY articles on how to reproduce them? Aren't there enough tragedies in this world already to fill a major news source, online or print, up for the next couple of decades? Or, if they're doing this for entertainment, aren't there, like, enough live celebrities doing enough news-worthy crap? Well? Curb the eccentricities, people.

Seriously.

For sadder - and not 100% Twilight-related - news, Robert Pattinson won't be taking part in that indie film he sounded excited about, Parts Per Billion, due to New Moon prep and production time constraints. Does this mean he appears more in the movie than he does in the book? Cos that would truly be the movie's only salvation from ultimately sucking. I mean, the central conflict has to do sparkling and we all know how crappy those effects were in the first film.

And now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to sleep.

7 comments:

sweetmelissa818 said...

That first tip actually works! I gave my sister Wuthering Heights and Romeo and Juliet, because she is a freak and wanted to start over from the beginning when she finished Breaking Dawn. She has never read any classics, so I figured it would be a good place to start.

Amee said...

Well Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, and Britney Spears have pretty much calmed down now so there is no more celebrity worthy news. Hayden Panettiere and other celebrities environmental/charity works apparently aren't fun or important enough to read about. The public is watching baby bumps, talking about Twilight, and trying to find out what breed the first puppy will be until the next Lindsay Lohan. ;)

stargirlreads said...

wow... Lets go from talking about books to parties all in one breath. Where did you find this article?!

stargirlreads said...

btw... I nominated you for the butterfly awards on my blog

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun blog. I didn't know people had parties fashioned after books. I don't know if that would be cool or ...not. I'm voting for kinda cool.

Hillary said...

I heard the first puppy was going to be a German Shepard. Go GSDs! (I have 5 of them.)

I was thinking about reading Wuthering Heights.

Khy said...

Decorations? Really?

I know what kind of birthday party I'll be having this year!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph