Saturday, January 31, 2009

*The* Announcement

Hi, people! Rise and shine, lovelies. How are you this fine weekend, I-can-do-whatever-I-want-YAY! morning?

You might notice today is YA Connection day. Well…it is. But. We have some news. For the first time ever—we’re skipping YA Connection this week. It’s not a permanent, indefinite, or hiatus-like situation. It’s just a spur-of-the-moment decision we reached through a late-night email chain in which we both discovered we weren’t up for compiling it. Kristi is sick and it’s super cold where she graces her presence which makes it hard to move, breathe and think. Steph’s classes start on Monday and she’s hoping for one last weekend of freedom to party and do other illicit things, uninterrupted. (And Steph does realize her reason is nowhere near as valid as Kristi’s…)

So—while we’d be very flattered for this sort of reaction—we hope no one is terribly upset. Go back to bed! Rest! Give your tabs a chance to rest.

We’ll still regularly posting, both of us, and we’ll see you with YA Connection again next week.

xoxo, Kristi and Steph

9 comments:

Alea said...

I HATE YOU GUYS! HATE YOU BOOOO! Nah, that's cool, just don't make a habit of this. :P And by the day that I can do whatever I want do you mean, go to the gym, when that's really not what I want to do? Because then, you are right! :P Man I should not leave comments at 5am when I randomly am awake...

Have a nice weekend guys! Get better Kristi and read alot! And Steph have a nice last weekend of fun times!

Taren said...

Here's to you doing a perverse and often obscene amount of partying this weekend. Of course this poses some new and troubling questions that I must ask you later.

(I'm winning btw!)

Lenore said...

This is an OUTRAGE ;)
And two words for you Steph: Black Russians.

Adele said...

Here's an idea. Instead of mulling over the YA Connection defection this week, go and listen to The Read Carpet podcast.

It's a work in progress and features some of your favourite people (barring the Snarkiest of the Snark, Queen Steph). You have to wait two weeks for that pleasure.

sharonanne said...

oh no! diediedie!
::cough::

Please ignore my initial reaction. I hope that Kristi feels better and that you enjoy your last weekend of freedom. :)

BookChic said...

I AM HORRIBLY AND TERRIBLY UPSET OVER THIS DECISION! HOW DARE YOU NOT DO SOMETHING THAT TAKES FOREVER FOR YOU TO DO AND TAKES UP ALL YOUR TIME! I'M SO DISAPPOINTED!! GRAWR!!


I am of course just joking, though I am a bit sad that there isn't a YA Connection today. But I will live. Everything will be fine. Have fun partying!

Abby said...

Hope Kristi feels better soon and that you, Steph, have an awesome weekend! :)

Sarah MacLean said...

hehe. have a great weekend, you guys! enjoy your day off!

Carol(ina) said...

Have fun partying and doing illicit stuff! :)

Just don't get arrested by the cops! :P

Sad that there's no YA Connection this week but you guys do deserve a break!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph