Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Waiting on Wednesday (9)

Waiting on Wednesday = Jill at Breaking the Spine's idea for a variation of book lusting. It's brilliant, so yeah, you should do it.

My choice for this week:

Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
“Don’t worry, Anna. I’ll tell her, okay? Just let me think about the best way to do it.”
“Okay.”
“Promise me? Promise you won’t say anything?”
“Don’t worry.” I laughed. “It’s our secret, right?”


For Anna Reiley and Frankie Perino, the ingredients for the Absolute Best Summer Ever are simple: Two girls. Two bikinis. And twenty days in Zanzibar Bay, California. The best part? According to Frankie, if they meet one boy every day, there’s a good chance Anna will find her first summer romance.

Anna lightheartedly agrees to the fun, but there’s something she hasn’t told Frankie… she’s already had her romance, and it was with Frankie’s older brother, Matt, just before his tragic death last year.

I am LOVING the sound of Little, Brown's lineup for next year. What can I say? This sounds exactly like the type of story I like on any occasion, and the kind for which I'll be on the lookout. Miss Ockler, I don't believe you could've gotten any luckier with that cover.

More info here.

Steph

15 comments:

Khy said...

I can't wait for this one either. :D Sounds brilliant.

Thao Tran said...

Sounds like a good read, I bet there're lots of funny as well as sad moments. The cover looks attractive too.

Liviania said...

That both sounds good and like it would make me cry.

WannabeWriter said...

Yes, I'm salivating at the thought of reading this one! 2009 looks like it'll be an awesome year for books, period. xD

carmen alexis said...

Sounds like a tearjerker. Can't wait for it to come out. =)

Amee said...

I love the cover! The story sounds okay, I'm not quite sold on it yet. The cover is awesome though!

rimasbookjournal said...

I really want to read this!(:
I've done a WoW post about this same book.
The cover is really pretty.

-Rima

Sarah MacLean said...

I'm one of the lucky few who has already read 20BS...OMG it's AMAZING. It's lyric and beautiful and you're going to LOVE IT!

xoxo

Shalonda said...

Yay! I'm excited about the release of this book.

jocelyn said...

I love that cover. The book sounds fun, too.

Reader Rabbit said...

Soudns great :) Added to my wishlist!

Yan said...

I LOVE the cover of this book!

Alea said...

Yes, wow I really like the premise for this one!

Lenore said...

I am also in love with the cover :)

Merry Christmas dear S!

The Not So Closet Geeks said...

I noticed this awhile ago, and it looks incredible all around!

~bella aire~

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph