Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

Ya know, I'm scheduling this post for midnight, but to some people, that midnight = 6PM their time. (Hellooooooo, California!) Quite cool, how a 15-degree difference in longitude can have an hour difference between places. In this case, it's a 6 hour diff.

Anyway.

Waiting on Wednesday = feature brought to you by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

My choice for this week is an '08 book (I think it's my first - mostly I've been drooling at '09 things lately, it seems):

Cracked Up To Be by Courtney Summers
Perfect Parker Fadley isn’t perfect anymore. She’s quit the cheerleading squad, dumped her perfect boyfriend, and she’s failing school. Her parents are on suicide watch and her counselors think she’s playing games. But what they don’t know, the real reason for this whole mess, isn’t something she can say out loud. A horrible thing has happened and it might be her fault…

Ahh, it's quite tragic, my search for this one. I had one contact at the publisher who apparently left because she never replied back when I asked if she had any left and I know many people weren't getting through to her anymore. I'd sent her some emails about this one sometime in early September.

Then, a month or so later, another publicist at the same house emailed me randomly about something else (it wasn't a followup to my emails to #1). When I asked about this one, she said they'd given all the remaining ARCs to Library Thing for reviews.

Ahh >.< CK Kelly Martin's recommendation of this book and Courtney Summers's guest blogs over at The Swivet [*~sparkle~*, heh], I have a feeling this book will be worth buying. Courtney sounds like a stellar person, so I want to show my support for her debut! (And you should too.)

Speaking of which, GO TO THE SWIVET, search for "Courtney Summers" and you'll find her entries. They are funny, insightful, and very endearing, and if you're on the fence about this one, I'm sure you won't be upon reading the guest blogs.

8 comments:

Alea said...

The day this comes in my mailbox i'm going to run up and down the stairs with it squealing!!!!!!!!!!! i just wish i knew when that would be! I'm sorry you didn't get a copy :(

Anonymous said...

who looks good! when is it coming out? what did the 2nd publicist want?

Khyrinthia said...

I want this one too! It looks amaaaaaazing.

RR2 said...

I read an excerpt of this book on the author's website a few days ago and it was ah-mazing. I think I'm gonna have to buy this one.

Lenore said...

I love LibraryThing - they gave one of the copies to ME! YAY!

Book Chic said...

Anonymous- It's coming out as a paperback on Dec. 23, 2008.


Steph- I just got this book last week. I emailed Courtney herself about it and her publisher sent me an ARC so I guess they didn't get rid of all of them or something. But at least it's a paperback, so it won't cost too much. I'm excited to read this book too!! :)

Taren said...

Aaah you confused me when I first saw this. I was like huh, it's Wednesday -did I miss a day?

sharonanne said...

I'm waiting for this to arrive. I emailed the publishers a while ago and they finally got back to me a little over a week ago. It looks so good!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph