Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

SCHEDULED POST FOR MIDNIGHT YAY.

All right, so Waiting on Wednesday is a really cool thing you do on Wednesday where you post books that have yet to come out because we book bloggers are known to be led into temptation and must celebrate our objects of lust. The mastermind behind this is Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

*ahem*

My pick this week is:

Eyes Like Stars (Théâtre Illuminata, Book One) by Lisa Mantchev
*cries* I loathe it when there are no synopsis-like thingies anywhere, but at least I was able to uncover Lisa's PL announcement (from her blog):

Lisa Mantchev's debut YA trilogy about the Théâtre Illuminata, where real fairies fly on wires and pirates sail painted seas, and a foundling must take Center Stage so that the next curtain call won't be the last, to Jean Feiwel at Feiwel & Friends at auction by Ashley Grayson of Ashley Grayson Literary Agency. (NA)


To be honest, I'd buy that book on the cover alone (possibly the best '09 one I've seen so far, though Diana Peterfreund's Rampant is also quite unbelievably gorgeous). But the description, however vague, sounds really good, too. And I *love* the series' title: Théâtre Illuminata.

And to top it off, the little caption or tagline or whatever you call those phrases on the front cover says: All her world's a stage. SHAKESPEARE TIE-IN/ALLUSION/PARAPHRASE!

Enough said.

So, yeah, Ms Mantchev, wherever you are, I wanna do things to your book.

What is everyone else looking forward to?

16 comments:

Khyrinthia said...

Oooh I want that one too. Pretty pretty cover.

WannabeWriter said...

:/ It's not midnight yet where I'm from. But I rejoice despite this. :] I noticed this book's cover too! I'm so tempted to just add it to my wish list, but I NEEEED to know one thing & one thing only before I make my choice: is it romantic? :] And I'm looking forward to 30+ books so I wouldn't want to bore anyone with details. xD

Book Chic said...

Ooo, that looks VERY good! :) I'll definitely have to check it out sometime.

I'm looking forward to North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley- I have an ARC of it, but won't get to it for a while. Oh, and I got an ARC of Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag today, which I can't wait to read too. Also, PD10 and Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot.

Lisa Mantchev said...

Hi Steph!

As soon as I have the green light to share the flap copy I will (I think it will answer a lot of questions) but in the meantime, I can share that the girl on the cover is named Beatrice Shakespeare Smith, and yes, there is lots of the good Bard, theater references, magic, junk food, mayhem, pirates, and a naughty air elemental.

If you keep an eye on my LiveJournal, I will, at some point, do an ARC giveaway. :)

lisamantchev.livejournal.com

And I'm glad you think the cover is beautiful. I am over-the-moon happy with it.

R.J. Anderson said...

I have read the first chapter of EYES LIKE STARS and it is fabulously awesome and I cannot wait to read the rest.

Amanda said...

I CANNOT WAIT to read this. I've been a fan of Lisa Mantchev's work for a long time. Woot!

Cat said...

I saw this cover on Urban Fantasy Land yesterday and I just DROOLED! Only it's not on Amazon.ca yet. Gah! And I am sure I am going to forget the name of it but remember the cover. This is one I want to read.

The Story Siren said...

i saw this cover on her blog the other day!! fan-freakin-tastic! i definitely want to do things to this book.

Amee said...

I love the cover!

Can't say I'm thrilled with Shakespeare mentions. I like his comedies but his tragedies make me want to off myself. Lol, thank goodness for Sparknotes (I'm supposed to have Hamlet read by tomorrow-er, today).

Alyssa said...

Wow... just wow. I'm with you, the cover alone make me want it. Funny how a cover makes all the difference.

I just barely finished Hamlet too, by the way!

Lenore said...

You always dig up the coolest books :)

Paradox said...

That's got to be the best book cover I've seen in a long time! I love the blue hair and 3D look of it.

Alea said...

That is beautiful :) I'll be very interested to learn more about the book, sounds like a really awesome world!

Diana Peterfreund said...

I htink it's a gorgeous cover, and so different from everything else out there. I was at The Story Siren blog yesterday looking at all the pretty photographic faces coming out in '09. I'm very excited to read the book, too.

Gabbi said...

THAT COVER IS LOVE.

Want.

Reader Rabbit said...

I want it.

Now.

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph