Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Waiting on Wednesday (4)

Yay, scheduled posts! I'm probably studying Physics now, midterm on Thursday. Crap.

Waiting on Wednesday is a feature I adopted that originated over at blogger Jill's Breaking the Spine. It's freaking awesome because, well, it just is, and also Lenore and Alea do it, too. (Hehe.) Anyway, so my pick for this week isisis...

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols
All Meg wants is to escape her excruciatingly small town after graduation. In the meantime, her above-the-law boyfriend and her wild class trip to Florida coming up over Spring Break are the only things keeping her from imploding. But before she leaves on her trip, one of her boyfriend’s pranks goes too far and turns Southern Gothic nightmare. She finds herself in jail. The only way to avoid prosecution is to spend Spring Break on night patrol with the by-the-book cop who arrested her.

Fine. She did the crime, she’ll do the time. If the cop gets hot under the collar cruising the night with a punky blue-haired girl-felon, that’s his problem, not hers. But her own personal boy in blue is younger, less experienced, and so much sexier than she imagined at first. As she falls for him, she explores why he’s as determined to stay in this town as she is to leave. She pushes him to the edge by questioning every rule in his police academy manual. And when he hits back, demanding to know why she can’t stand this straight-laced Alabama town, he will push her to the edge, and over...


I really like Jennifer Echols. Actually, one of my favorite things about her is that not a lot of my friends know about her (except when they're complaining about their lack of good teen romance novels and I squeal, "HELLO, BOYS NEXT DOOR!") and, come to think of it, not many people I know in general are familiar with her work, so when I come across someone who HAS read her two books it's an immediate bond. I like to think you have to be pretty active in the genre to come across the Ro-Coms because they aren't largely publicized, and finding another kindred spirit is beyond awesome.

Going Too Far will be published on March 17th from MTV Books. (And no, before anyone asks, I haven't read it. But I trust Jennifer will turn on the awesome once again for us loyal fans.)

And, yeah, I'm looking forward to this one. Go badger Jenn or something, now!

13 comments:

Alea said...

Wow that sounds wow! I think so yes! I just went on her site, this cover is like eons different then her other two! If you say so I will add them to my wishlist!

Lenore said...

The cover makes my heart race :)

Brooke Taylor said...

OMG OMG!! I was just thinking of Jenn Echols and how she is so freaking amazing and how excited I am about this book!

While the cover is WOW! I expected someone not so virginal looking--I mean yeah she has an eyebrow piercing, but still...they probably just photoshopped it in, LOL.

Anyway--Jenn has a sneak peek up on her website that is just WHOA!

I can't wait. Can't. Wait.

And Boys Next Door is one I'm always recommending!

Amee said...

Reminds me of Stealing Heaven in a way. She is a criminal but falls for a cop. I'll add it to my wish list. :D

Lana said...

ooooh I love the cover! Also - good luck with physics *crosses fingers*

Alea said...

I think you should do a recommendation post or must read post for people like me that maybe missed some YA lit, since I only really started following it maybe 6 or more months back. I want to know what i missed and must read!

Alea said...

Amee- Oooh, I'm even more excited about Stealing Heaven now ;D

Amee said...

It was a great book, Alea. I loved it. It made me want to read more from Elizabeth Scott. I haven't yet but I'm working on it. ;)

Diana Peterfreund said...

Grrrrr, third time I'm trying to post a comment.

Anyway, I am excited about this book. I have loved JE since her debut book, which is one of my favorite romances. MAJOR CRUSH.

Mandy Hubbard said...

I've read both MAJOR CRUSH and BOYS NEXT DOOR, and Jennifer Echols is beyond talented. If someone were to ask me the most under-rated author out there, Jennifer Echols would be it, becuas her writing is phenomenal. I am DEFINITELY buying this when it comes out! :-)

Mandy Hubbard
Prada & Prejudice

Taren said...

Wow, that sounds really good. I want to read it. It actually reminds me (on a very slightly connected level) of an old Lois Duncan book from waaay back in the day.

Book Chic said...

I can't wait for this book. I've read Jennifer's first two books (and reviewed Boys Next Door actually and possibly Major Crush, but I can't remember, lol), and LOVED them both. She is a great writer. I agree with Mandy- she's definitely way underrated.

Em said...

Sounds really interesting, esp because I grew up in a small town and understand the itch to escape.

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph