Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

Waiting on Wednesday = feature started by Jill at Breaking the Spine to celebrate forthcoming books. IT PRETTY MUCH ROCKS.

It is midnight.* I am posting this LIVE at the crack of DAWN. YAY. (And I'm exhausted as well, but I had a very nice chat Eli (whose existence defies AWESOME) and we're, like, planning stuff. Stuff that shall rock. I think I've said too much.)

ANYWAY, my weekly pick of lust is....

Black Mountain Road by Jennifer R Hubbard
Seventeen-year-old Colt has been sneaking out at night to meet Julia, a girl from an upper-class neighborhood unlike his own. They've never told anyone else about their relationship: not their family or friends, and especially not Julia's boyfriend.

When Julia dies suddenly, Colt tries to cope with her death while pretending that he never even knew her. He discovers a journal she left behind. But he is not prepared for the truths he discovers about their intense relationship, nor to pay the price for the secrets he's kept.

Note that the above picture is taken from Jennifer's LiveJournal. It's an original photograph as far as I gather so do respect that when you think of borrowing it for whatever.

I first heard about this when Jennifer guest blogged over at her agent Nathan Bransford's blog** sometime late last year/early this year - I can't recall - and it's been on my mind ever since. I'm extremely happy about the fact it'll be published by Viking because 1) it's Penguin, and I love Penguin, 2) Viking's an excellent imprint, and 3) the boat (or something like it) colophon they use is pretty adorable. (Ahem...)

Anyhow, I can't find a direct source for a release date though I'm gonna guess late '09. Which is still far away if you think about it from a linear perspective, but I'm sure it's worth the wait! Plus I fully intend on snagging (and shagging?) an ARC, SO...

Heh :)

Anyone else concur?

*I'll probably regret posting this at midnight when I barely had any sleep the night before, but for now, enjoy my semi-lucidity. :)
** One of my favorite agent blogs out there. Many reviewers are also aspiring writers and if that's your case, go on over to Nathan's. He's a stand-up guy and his blog is very informative and great for beginners (or anyone else, really) like us!

10 comments:

Khyrinthia said...

Heyyy it's not Wednesday. It's still Tuesday for another 4 hours here. xD

Anyway, that sounds good. -adds to evergrowing wishlist-

Kelsey said...

That book sounds literally amazing. It sounds exactly like my type of book! Thanks for sharing about it! Now I'm really psyched for it!

Taren said...

Would it be bad form to reiterate that Nathan Bransford is a fox? Dayum....he gives your brother a run for his money ;)

Lenore said...

That does sound all kinds of awesome. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to feature today...

Alea said...

I thought of a few books I want to read that aren't out yet so I'm going to join in the fun for the time being :D

Jill said...

Great post...you beat me to the punch on this one! I'm going to have to change my live schedule from 6 a.m. to midnight now. :)

Mine is up now. Don't forget to drop by and leave your link in the comments section...

Anonymous said...

taren: how do u know how steph's bro looks?

liquidambar said...

Hi,

I first clicked over to your blog a few weeks ago to see your posts on some of my fellow Debut2009 authors. I enjoy the reviews, so I've been coming back ... and today my first thought was, "Gee, that flower looks familiar!"

Thanks for your kind words! The release of BLACK MOUNTAIN ROAD is currently slated for fall 2009.

Jennifer Hubbard

Steph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS BOOK!

*calms self*

Tar: God, I know. Nathan is very foxy. (Jesus, what if he has Google Alerts for his name and comes upon this? Ah that will be very, very pleasant.) He was actually listed last year on this list of Hottest Guys in Publishing or something.

Between him and my brother... Uh, I'd rather not go with the incest route. :)

Anon - Taren is one of my very good friends so she has access to my personal Facebook, MySpace, etc. accounts, wherein I have pictures of my brother (and he's a Friend on those sites so she has access to his photos too). If you're interested (why else the anon? :P) I'll post a picture sometime provided I get his permission. Also provided I don't mind waiving my relatively shady identity. ;)

Jennifer - Yay, author visit! Thanks for clearing that up! I'm flattered you've come by before :) Muchas gracias.

Steph

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph