Wednesday, October 15, 2008

National Book Award Finalists (YA)

Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson (S&S)
Very nice. Only read one Anderson book so far (Speak) and was blown away. Have yet to read this, but I'm sure it's fabulous.

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart (Disney Hyperion)
Agreed.

The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp (Knopf)
WANT.

The Underneath by Kathi Appelt (Atheneum)

What I Saw and How I Lied by Judy Blundell (Scholastic)

Muy excited about E. Lockhart's nomination.

1 comments:

Zuri said...

I love Laurie Halse Anderson ! You should definitely read Twisted; that's my favourite by her...I didn't like The Disreputable though, I've read everything by e.Lockhart & find myself hating the main character everytime Gretchen in fly on the wall, Sayde in dramarama, the girl from the books with the frogs (Ruby?) I'm still holding out for E though; maybe she'll surprise me !

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph