Friday, October 24, 2008

Come and Set Me Free

I'll be the first to say I'm immensely happy with how the blog is doing. Really, truly, magnificently. It's grown more in seven months than I expected in less than, say, two years (I suppose I had a vision?). I've had amazing opportunities to interview great authors, read excellent books months before they were published, and I've chatted with some awesome industry folks and fellow bloggers. I never expected to make it past the 10 book offers line in this first year, I never expected to have more than maybe 20 subscribers, and I sure as hell didn't expect more than 30 daily views.

However, I miss the beginning days of this blog. I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic about my baby stepping my way to where I am now :) Ah, poor ol' bloggie, you're about to turn 7 months old, can you believe it?! I certainly can't. Wow.

Most of all, though, I wonder what, given my current knowledge of how this book blogging process works, I would've done differently. Would I have held back a little more? Let loose? Be more carefree?

Does anyone ever wonder that? Or miss their beginner days?

6 comments:

Alea said...

The beginning days of my blog were me just talking to me. It's pretty pathetic, at one point I actually listed the periodical offerings of my college library. Don't even ask.... it was a long summer!

Congratulations on your success!! :D

Amee said...

I miss my beginning days. I actually thought I did a good job then. Now I just second guess myself alllll the time.

Vanessa (whatvanessareads.wordpress.com) said...

Alea- I used to write for myself too. More than half of my reviews have no comments on them, so I'm kind of bringing them back by fixing them up and putting them at the front of my blog so people can see and comment them.... so that's how I'm doing it.

I don't really miss my old days. People didn't leave me comments (which make me happy), or recommend books or just talk... I was just alone....

Congrats on your 7 months. Your blog is made of awesome. :)

Alea said...

Vanessa that's a great idea! I'll have to come over and check them out!

Mrs. Magoo said...

When I first started my blog, I had NO knowledge of the whole YA book blogging universe. I was about four, five, maybe six months in before I actually started networking, etc. This put me waaaay behind, so if I were to start again, I'd keep everything I know in mind.

TruBlu93 said...

Congratulations on 7months. That's pretty amazing. I can't wait till it's my 7th month anniversary, March here I come. lol.

=)
TruBlu

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph