Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why I Write Negative Reviews

I posted on Young Adult Book Bloggers today, my second time ever! We're supposed to do it weekly, but I just don't have something to talk about every week, so if anyone's interested, you can check me out on there once a month. This month's post:

At the risk of sounding heartless, being snarky suits me. Don’t get me wrong—I always feel apprehensive when I’m about to post something less than 100% nice because it is in my bones to be polite to people. But then again, I want to keep the reputation I somehow ended up with, which is telling it like it is. I like receiving book offers with “I want one of your book-shredding reviews”. That’s what I’m about, in essence, more so than being polite. Polite doesn’t cut it sometimes.

Read the rest of the post here.

1 comments:

alison ashlee said...

"But then again, I want to keep the reputation I somehow ended up with, which is telling it like it is. I like receiving book offers with “I want one of your book-shredding reviews”. That’s what I’m about, in essence, more so than being polite. Polite doesn’t cut it sometimes."

And, that's exactly why I'm such a huge, huge, huge fan of your site. Please never change that! I really liked your first paragraph about not feeling authentic if you're just giving orgasmic reviews over everything you read. So, so, so very true. :)

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph