Sunday, September 14, 2008

Things of Note

I'm reading Flowers in the Attic and LOVING it. Thank you, Taren!

Ally Carter has some great posts about the questions people should be asking about the YA genre: The Wrong Questions --- The Questions No One Asks At All.

There's this also aggregation of soon-to-debut YA writers I just found out about! The Novel Girls presents: Tracy Madison, Maureen Lipinski, Lisa Patton, Jillian Cantor, Lesley Livingston and Carolyn McTighe. The blog is pretty awesome, so y'all should head over.

Two great friends of mine, Taren and Amee, have a new blog: The Chick Manifesto. Both kind of rule my soul, is all I'm saying.

David Foster Wallace passed away.

Lauren Conrad (yes, of The Hills) got a three-book YA deal from HarperCollins and John Green's got a few things to say about it.

John McCain makes Utah schoolteacher cry.

A.S. King still rocks.

Hopefully I'll get some reviews in this week.

May tomorrow not be such a stereotypical Monday for you!

3 comments:

Book Chic said...

Ooo fun. :) I'm glad you're enjoying FITA!

And I was just looking at the posts from Ally Carter today- how funny that you mentioned them too, hehe.

Also, yay for The Chick Manifesto. I'm really enjoying their new site. :)

Amee said...

Thanks so much for mentioning us Steph! *huge hugs*

And thank you too BC! I'm glad you're enjoying it as well. :)

Steph said...

Dude, FiTA is awesome. I'm serious, there's just some magical element there that's doing it for me.

Ally's posts were very informative -- I really like them. I'm a fan of her blog in general. Especially the posts telling us teens we shouldn't worry about publication just yet.

Steph

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph