Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Damn This Fugly Pink Cover, Y'All

Yeah, I know I said this was the better one.

Having finished the book (review tomorrow for those interested), I can say, though, that while the other one is by far one of the ugliest covers to have made an appearance in this world (though the Poseur by Rachel Maude cover is a strong contender, and many others I'll save for a later post), it fits the book better.

This is just too pink.

People. It is not a wonderful life. The idealized color in the book is yellow, for hope. Not pink, for ruffles. Seriously, how hard is it to get it right?

The book is bleak, sad, devastating, with an undercurrent of unfailing hope. Not a summertime romance, fergossake.

But you guys, before my post on this book tomorrow, let me just say this: You need to read it. You simply do.

6 comments:

Diana Dang said...

This is a very random post you have here. Haha, I likely wouldn't pick up the book. It looks too cheesy for me.

Amee said...

As you know, I've ordered the book. Not the creepy brother-sister kiss cover though. The 1979 paperback edition. :P

Book Chic said...

lol I need to read this series at some point. I've read quite a bit of VC's books, but not the ones she actually wrote, except for My Sweet Audrina, which was REALLY good. Can't wait to read your review!

Ruth said...

I had a similar reaction to Hermione's dress in the movie version of Goblet of Fire: too pink, too ruffled, too not-blue.

Can't wait for your review of this one! A friend of mine read this when we were teenagers and at the time, I thought it was a book about some sort of weird gardening experiment or something.

Taren said...

I can't wait for your review! Something tells me I've created a VCA monster and I love it!

Alea said...

I have the book, haven't read it. But I did recently watch the movie. I'd call it over the top insanity!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph