Friday, August 1, 2008

You Got A Question?

Since doing my collection of discussion posts (Is Asking For Books Offensive?, What About Negative Reviews?, and When Are You Going To Get To My Book?!), more than ever I've noticed how confused reviewers are about authors and vice versa. The positive response to these has surprised me - buzz in other blogs, email messages, the works. I think it's safe to say people got something out of these, especially in the Is Asking For Book Offensive? post. I'm glad - this was exactly what I was going for :)

Soooooo... I want to make this a regular thing. Once every two weeks I'll post a new question directed at reviewers or authors or both. If anyone's got something they'd like to know, please email me at reviewerx (at) gmail.com. (This goes for both authors and reviewers. And hey, publicists, too - I saw some poking around these past few days :P) Your name will not be published if you don't want it to. Hell, if you don't even want *ME* to know your name, leave an anonymous comment below. :)

Steph

7 comments:

Book Chic said...

If I were more clever, I'd come up with a question.

However, I'm not.

But I hope you get some good questions from other people. I love these discussions.

ambeen said...

Yay! I'm glad these will continue. I don't have a question at this time but will be sure to let you know if one pops up. ;)

Lenore said...

One thing I'd like to know is how authors go about finding bloggers to review their books and deciding which ones to contact and how bloggers go about finding upcoming books that they'd like to request review copies of and what means they use to get in touch with someone who can put that book in their hands.

PS - have you noticed you can't access blogs that have sitemeter with IE? I just had to download Firefox to access your blog (and my own...)

Alea said...

I'm not sure if I've commented on any of these discussions but I've really been enjoying reading them. I like Lenore's question!

Booked Books said...

That's fantastic! I love reading everyone's opinions. I don't have any questions right now, but I'll tell you when I do...lol

I like Lenore's question too.

Liviania said...

I fourth Lenore's question and don't currently have one of my own. I'll try to think.

Anonymous said...

hey steph,

i got one! how do you ask an author to give books for a contest in your blog? i know a few bloggers, like you get them from authors and stuff. what do you guys ask them? or do they just offer it to you?

i don't know if this ^^ is disscusion worthy but you can answer it for me, i hope.

i'm not a book reviewer for anything but i suspect someone i know is. (not sure though)

btw me likey your blog alot...

From,
lxddu (got the name from the word verification ;))

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph