Saturday, August 30, 2008

HAHA, A Midnight Sun Commentary

Cleolinda has done it again. If you're not familiar with her Twilight series commentaries, here's orientation: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn.

Anyhow, check out this awesome commentary of the first six chapters of Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer.

Highlights (the italics are for direct manuscript quotes):

SECRETS HE MUST PENETRATE, LET HIM DO SO THROUGH AWKWARD CONVERSATION! She is shy! Intelligent! Selfless! Perceptive! FRAGRANT! His mask of normalcy has already slipped twice--no, three times in her presence! HER "OUTRAGEOUS FLAVOR" IS MAKING HIM LOSE CONTROL!

So then in Edward's next class, Emmett reminisces about the time he totally ate some righteously delicious lady he randomly found hanging up laundry. Thanks, Emmett. So Edward flees class to sit in his car and listen to "violent music." Rule of thumb in the Twilightverse: when in doubt, they're listening to Muse. Whoever it is, Outrageous Flavor is totally opening their next concert.
--

The sound of my name on her lips did strange things to my body.

Again: two medical degrees, right? You do know what's happening here... right? It's okay, man, you're (eternally) seventeen. These things happen, you know? Just... try to stay seated until it passes.

--

...and there are so many others but I couldn't possibly quote them in their entirety without ruining the reading-the-full-post experience. To read the rest, click here.

Oh and as Cleolinda said:

I... I'm gonna have to detox a little while from that level of condescension before I can deal with the second half of the manuscript. Give me until sometime tomorrow, guys.

Hehe, I can't wait to read the second half.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph