Friday, July 11, 2008

Day of Good Stuff Happening!

I just got an ARC of Curtis Sittenfeld's new novel, American Wife, in the mail today! I sent an email to Random House two months back, explaining that even though I live abroad and it costs extra to ship to me, I have loved Curtis Sittenfeld's work since late '06 and I really, really would love an ARC of this book. Since I received no response, I figured they weren't sending me the book.

Received a big ol' box today with Curtis's 500 page ARC! (Or so I'm guessing, since the pages are oddly not numbered ...)

ETA: They are numbered! 551 pages. Wow, I'm stupid. And wow, this is a big book. Woot!!!

:D

The real reason of this post, however, is to let everyone know that yes it's been a slow week, but I'll be posting a review of John Green's Paper Towns sometime later today.

¡Hasta la vista!

4 comments:

Gabbi said...

Congrats. Prep was amazing. It's the modern-day Catcher in the Rye.

*Heather* said...

still mad about that you know. The Paper Towns thing.

I NEED, NEED, NEED that book.

*Heather* said...

But while I'm being mad at the fact that you have an ARC of Paper Towns (how did you get it????) and not at you, you can go vote on our finally posted poll.

Please? =)

Lenore said...

I am so glad you got American Wife Steph!! That is tooo cool. I actually haven't gotten mine yet, but I am hoping it arrives soon!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph