Friday, June 6, 2008

Young Adult Weekly (Week of June 1st-7th)

Hey guys! Welcome to this week's young adult weekly. I'm (yet again) pressed for time, so I'll only be doing the titles of books released this week as opposed to the usual cover art + description.

Oh and before I forget, the winner of the How NOT To Be Popular contest is AMBEEN! I'm very happy about this one -- Ambeen is a good friend =) Congrats on enduring a crap load of contests on your best friend's blog and not winning--now you have something to show for it. ;) Thanks to all who entered!

Young Adult Weekly
Week of June 1st-7th

From the authors...

A.S. King (The Dust of 100 Dogs) guest blogged over at mystic-lit! Her post is entitled "The Writer's Middle Finger" -- need I say more?

Alexa Young (Frenemies) has been busy, busy with the next book in the fantastic Frenemies series, Faketastic. Despite not having many details on this book yet, I'm eagerly anticipating the followup to Frenemies. Anyway, Alexa posted about her experience at BEA!

Stephanie Kuehnert (I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone) got some early finished copies of her debut this week! Très exciting!

Lots of updates over at Stephenie Meyer's (The Host). Something I think a lot of fans will appreciate is some updates on the Midnight Sun page. Click here to view.

Some interesting stuff going on at Meg Cabot's (Airhead) blog. Amongst others, I think most reviewers will be interested in the advance copies of QoB3 Meg is giving away...

Melissa Walker (Violet by Design) had a fun time at a high school fashion show! Also, thank you thank you thank you to Melissa for linking to my contest from her blog :)

Laura Wiess (Leftovers) posts about a school visit she did.

Linda Gerber (Death by Bikini) is giving away a copy of New Dawn, a Twilight-related anthology she participated in!

Claudia Gray (Evernight) is doing a reading next week! Click here to find out the details! Also know that in the coming weeks, Claudia is going to stop by Reviewer X with an interview. Woot =)

Simone Elkeles (Leaving Paradise) posted a fun self-assessment over at Books, Boys, Buzz!

Teri Brown (Published this week! Read My Lips) posted about some of the good books she's read this year. Congrats on your publication, Teri!

Aprilynne Pike (Wings) is going to New York to meet her agent, her editor, and the entire book-production department of HarperCollins! I'm hoping she'll blog about it once she returns... :)

Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth) talks about five things she loves. Many of them I agree with as well, Carrie =)

Jennifer Banash (The Elite) is giving away a free copy of The Elite! Go on and enter! Also, congrats on your release this week, Jennifer!

From the reviewers...

Reviewer X posted a review of How NOT To Be Popular by Jennifer Ziegler and of The Fold by An Na. She was also supposed to post a phone chat with JZ, but as it so happens, she didn't. Interview gets posted on Sunday though! And if anyone's feeling particularly outrageous, I updated my "about me" on the site with my new bio thing I used for http://www.thepageflipper.com/. Sidebar, first item under my email, if you're interested!

The Ravenous Reader reviewed Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta!

Book Chic did an interview with Kathryn Williams, author of The Debutantes. (Review forthcoming!) BC is also having a massive book giveaway going on, so tune in for that!

The Book Muncher reviewed Ivy by Julie Hearn!

From The Corner of Megan's Mind reviewed Screwball by Keri Mikulski!

Liv's Book Reviews reviewed Fly on the Wall by E. Lockhart!

Presenting Lenore reviewed The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart!

(this is where I have to go, so no pics and no more reviewer links this time around, sorry!)

Released this week...

The Dead and The Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Into the Wildewood: The Faire Folk Trilogy by Gillian Summers

The Pact by Monica McKayhan

Tempted: It Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar (Wishlisted)

Alicia: Clique Summer Collection by Lisi Harrison

Alive and Well In Prague, New York by Daphne Grab (Wishlisted!)

The Elite by Jennifer Banash (Review)

Feast of Fools by Rachel Caine (Review/Author Interview Forthcoming)

The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas (Wishlisted!)

Outside Beauty Cynthia Kadohata

Party Games by Whitney Lyles (Wishlisted!)

Read My Lips by Teri Brown (Wishlisted!)

Rumors: A Luxe Novel by Anna Godbersen (Wishlisted!)

(Yeah I know, I'm basically wishlisting everything this week...)

Next week on Reviewer X...
- Possibly an interview!
- Book reviews
- Possibly a give away
- Other unplanned stuff

--

Have a nice weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Book Chic said...

Yay!! I've been waiting for this all day since I got my internet back up, lol.

Thanks for the linkage, and the Debutante (and Band Fags) reviews are both up. They were posted in the Giveaway Announcement blog entry at the end. Unless you meant that a review from you about The Debutante was forthcoming, lol. If that's the case, then I feel stupid, lol.

Maprilynne said...

our weekly sum-ups are so awesome and informative. All the goings-on in one place! I love it!!

(And I most certainly will blog about my trip.;))

Can't wait for the next installment!!

Aprilynne

Maprilynne said...

*sigh* That first word was supposed to be "Your", not "our." D'oh!!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Love this! I actually remembered this morning and kept checking back all day!!!
Good job. :)

ambeen said...

Yay! I won! I'm glad I won this time around. If I didn't, I wouldn't know when I would get a chance to read this week. ;)

A.S. King said...

Thanks for linking the mystic-lit blog!
I (heart) these weekly thingies.

Hope. said...

Yay. :) It's back. :))

hope.

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph