Friday, June 13, 2008

Some Cool Authors Chilling Out on TV

Hey everyone! Here's your blog breakfast. Young Adult Weekly comes later today, too =)

Watch this video of some MG/YA authors giving tips on how to keep kids reading over the summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8talx7vmE

Info I got over email:

The short clip takes a small, medium, large approach— Jane O'Connor (Fancy Nancy) gives tips for the young readers, MAC (Anna Smudge: Professional Shrink) advises the 9-12 crowd, and Scott Westerfeld (Uglies) saves teens from summer boredom. Jane and Scott are of course NY Times Bestsellers; and MAC is an "up & comer" who recently sold out of her debut novel at its sneak preview during NY Comic Con.

SCOTT WESTERFIELD IS ON THERE, PEOPLE. IN FLESH. AND BLOOD.

Fangirl, out!

3 comments:

alison ashlee said...

Lol! Accidentally run over the video game machine ... he he! I've never actually read any of Scott Westerfeld's books. I think I really should add them to the never-ending pile now.

On a completely different matter ... you = world domination. :P

*Heather* said...

Haha! I haven't read Scott Westerfeld but Uglies, Pretties and Extras are all on my TBR. I've heard I should move them up a couple places...

*Heather* said...

I did the post about the Hiatus Tour contest thing for the next two weeks. Go check it out!

Post a Comment

Hey! For some reason, this embedded comment form makes most people click twice before the comment is processed and published. It's not you - it's just that it's a new Blogger feature with kinks and all that. (But I adore it and don't wanna get rid of it!) I removed Captcha to make the process easier. You don't have to rewrite the comments twice; just click on SUBMIT twice and it should work. If not, email me. Thanks! -Steph